Today: Clean and pack
Friday: Get keys to new house, move stuff over for yard sale
Saturday: Yard sale
Sunday: Family time at home in Abilene, a little more packing
Monday: Moving company comes to pack us, circus in Abilene with the kids
Tuesday: Moving company moves us to new house, start unpacking
So that's it in a nutshell. Today is the craziest of the days, but it's probably my last chance to sit and reflect on my time in this house.
I'm going to miss
- The tree in my front yard
- My REALLY quiet neighborhood
- My neighbors. They are so great.
- My huge living room
- Owning something
The new house is smaller... but closer to everything... and I'm pretty sure that will make it better. I wish I could be more confident that I'll be really happy there. I just don't like being one of many, many identical houses, realllllllly close to my neighbors (duplex), and dealing with Army Wife drama. It's all too much for me I think. I'll probably end up keeping to myself more than I originally thought... the more I get to know people on Fort Riley, the less I want to be friendly. Everyone is so full of drama and lies. If you've ever seen the series Army Wives on Lifetime, it's absolutely accurate. All the wives with deployed husbands are into each others' business and so judgmental... I think it will be hard for me. They also tend to walk all over each other and over-use people as babysitters instead of friends.
This place has all sorts of memories for me... It's been:
- My first home
- where Asher learned to walk
- where Asher learned to crawl
- where Josh learned to read and write letters
- where Asher did all those naughty, hilarious things that have had us laughing all year
- where Asher learned to sleep
- where I finally got the guts to quit breastfeeding (yay!)
- where Josh, Asher and I have spent EVERY WAKING MOMENT for over a year.
So, wish me luck everyone. I'll be spending my next 2 years on Fort Riley (probably), and it's going to take some guts to get through it. And probably a lot of prayers.
Can't wait to see you all in 19 days!!!!!!! :)
1 comment:
And I get to be there for all of it! Yay!! I wish you all of the luck in the world!
Post a Comment