Josh-isms:*When Josh says something he says "the" before something important or dramatic. i.e. We went to the doctor last week for me, because I had strep throat. After he'd waited patiently and silently through the entire exam, he then said, "Doctor? I got the germs." The doctor laughed so hard, then pointed out an antibacterial solution dispenser on the wall and said, "Use some of that soap. That'll make the germs go away."
This morning (a full week later) Josh was crying and I said, "What's wrong Josh?" and he said, "I'm yust sad." (yust = just) I said, "Why are you sad?" and Josh said, "Because I yust got the coughs. I guess I still have the germs. That soap didn't work!"
i.e.2. This morning we were at the hardware store. I took Josh and Asher with me to buy supplies for reupholstering my new (old) chairs. Josh ran away from the cart and got lost, so I made him sit in the basket while I shopped. One of the things I was buying were clamps to glue my chair back together with. The clamps are made of plastic and didn't seem to be of any harm if touched by children. At one point I look down at Josh and he's studying his finger really closely.
Me: Josh, what's wrong?
Josh: I see that red stuff coming out.
Me: Josh, that's blood! What happened??
Josh: I yust got the clamped.
Sure enough, the clamps I bought were being played with in the cart and had pinched his finger until it cut him. I told him we were on our way home anyway so we'll get a bandaide when we got there. Josh said, "Mom, I yust decided we yust need to go home right now." I said, "why?" and Josh said, "Because all the blood is going to come out!"
*When Josh has had an accident, (potty accident), he says, "Momma? I yust want to tell you something about what happened." I will of course say, "What happened son?" and he'll say, "Mom the pee pee was yust coming out and it went out onto my underwear." This is Joshua's way of announcing there has been a problem. lol.
I wish so badly people could watch these stages they are in. My children just blow me away with the way they express things. The way they tell the newest exciting event in their lives is really a trip. I just love watching them and learning from them and remember learning that particular thing, which causes me to remember so many other things.
Asher-isms:*Lately, Asher's favorite word is... You guessed it, "NO!" Except it sounds like "doe" ("doh"?).
*Asher is completely obsessed with the TV show "Go, Diego, Go!" He refuses to watch anything else, because he knows we have episodes of Diego recorded on the DVR. He will go searching for the remote (he always finds the right one), brings it to us and yells (in a really sweet way, not in a jerk way), "Go-A-Go!!" We say, "You want to watch go a go?" and he says, "Uh!!" (a mix between "yeah" and "uh-huh") Then when the theme song starts playing, EVERY TIME without fail, he's just as surprised as the first time that we actually turned it on. So he yells, "Go-A-Go!!!" and jumps up on his favorite couch spot to watch the show. He follows along and responds to everything they say at the right times.
i.e. Diego: Is this the animal we heard was in trouble?
Asher: "Doooooooooh!" (that's a long O. Not oo.)
Diego: Is THIS the animal in trouble?
Asher: "Doooooooh!"
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! This is by far my FAVORITE post of all time! I laughed so hard, this is so cute and priceless!!!! :)
So cute! I'm glad you're recording this stuff. Keep it up.
Post a Comment