SO I'm at the dreaded stage with Asher... Potty training. It's literally my least favorite thing about being a parent, but I think I've finally reached the point where I'm fed up with diapers enough to concentrate all my energy on pottying. (I just made up that word right now. I'm a fan.)Anyway, so I searched the Internet this morning for the perfect potty. I refuse to pay $29.95 at Wal Mart for some cheesy potty with 1,000 gadgets on it that my son will probably use for a month or less. Example:
I found it. The perfect potty seat. Are you ready folks?
Yep. That's the one. I'll be purchasing that this Friday when we get paid. Think about it, if the ultimate goal is this:
Why would you want them to get used to bells and whistles? Then you're like, "Hey, instead of that awesome potty chair thingy that sings and does a tap dance for you when you pee, get on this big loud thing that's cold and white. I can't imagine why they'd ever want to adjust to that.So that's the new plan! I'm buying the flip potty seat thingy, which will help Josh too (who is still afraid of falling in the big potty), and I'm going to be putting my oven timer to work every 20 minutes. All day long. Allllll day long.
So when I'm pulling my hair out at the end of the day... you'll know why!! :)
---------------
P.S. Did you know they make toddler urinals for potty training?? Oh my. I'm a little horrified by the information.

Um... and YES, there's a Potty Elmo. Who knew?
1 comment:
HA HA this post is awesome.. I can't say that I've ever potty trained before, but I am dreading it more than anything else. I've had the dumb potty for months now, but haven't gotten the stamina up to start Avery on it yet. Your post was inspiring though, maybe I'll start trying! And I can't believe the potty training urinal.. what is this world coming to...
Post a Comment