Thursday, March 6, 2008

How is that possible?

In one month and three days Steve and I will have been married for 3 years. Seriously?? 3 years?? Holy moly that went fast.



"I didn't marry you because you were perfect. I didn't even
marry you because I loved you. I married you because you
gave me a promise. That promise made up for your faults.
And the promise I gave you made up for mine. Two imperfect
people got married and it was the promise that made the marriage.
And when our children were growing up, it wasn't a house that
protected them; and it wasn't our love that protected them - it was that promise."
-Thornton Wilder

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always
with the same person."
-Mignon McLaughlin

"Why is it that people get married?
Because we need a witness to our lives.
There’s a billion people on the planet.
What does any one life really mean?
But in a marriage, you’re promising to care about everything…
The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things,
All of it… all the time, every day.
You’re saying, “Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it.
Your life will not go unwitnessed - because I will be your witness.”
-"Shall We Dance" 2004

"Marriage, like a submarine, is only safe if you get all the way inside."
-Frank Pittman

"Divorce is like an amputation. Sometimes it's necessary but it should be
avoided if at all possible because it brings about a permanent disability."
-Bill Doherty

As for his secret to staying married: "My wife tells me that if I ever
decide to leave, she is coming with me."
-Jon BonJovi


"Even with all its problems, I will support marriage as an institution
until something better comes along."
-David Blankenhorn, Institute for American Values

1 comment:

Jon said...

Hey, who took that amazing wedding picture of you? Your photographer is AMAZING!


- Jon