[Story for the day: The other day Josh and I were in the car and Asher pointed to his ears, saying, "Ears!" Josh leaned closer to me and said, "Mom! Guess what's in our ears!" I said, "What?" assuming he'd say something like "ear wax" lol. He said, very proud of himself, "Grandma told me!" then he whispered, "The Holy Ghost!"]
Well, I went to church yesterday. The first time in I don't even know how long. I needed to change up my routine, so I did. Last week I attempted to go, but ended up with no clean laundry... This week I woke up late and ended up getting there just in time for the very last hour of church. Somethin's better than nothin', eh? (maybe)
I left Asher home because it was naptime, so Josh and I drove over to the church. The ride over there was sad because he kept asking if he was going to "go far away to Grandma's church." I said no, we're going to our own church, and I really don't think he understood the concept because he looked thoroughly confused when no cousins were in Primary when he got there.
I took him to the primary room, where he promptly had a fit because I told him I was going to go to my class and leave him there. I ended up going to class with him (extremely awkward), but it was kind of fun to watch him learn to interact and figure out what the whole thing was about. And then, she handed out their CTR rings.
(dun dun dun)

Josh had asked me one day about a month ago what my CTR ring was, so I'd explained that it meant "Choose the Right" and it helped me remember to do the right thing and be nice to people. He seemed intrigued and we didn't talk about it again.
Josh was overjoyed that he got his very own CTR ring, and then she handed out eggs with the number 4 on them (for Malachi's 4 sons) with candy inside. Church turned out to be fun and he even got cool stuff... he SAYS he'll go next week by himself. Guess we'll see!
P.S. How is my son old enough to drink at the drinking fountain by himself??
1 comment:
I think youre in the right direction. i know how awful a routine can be, so the biggest thing to do was just incorporating small differences each day. And i wish you were in SLC when im there too!
Post a Comment