Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update

Hooray! We got good news yesterday!

Steve has spoken to his higher-ups (I get too confused if I try to use their names or ranks, so that's what we'll refer to them as), and the Captain who happens to really like him has stated that there is no reason we can't get out early. It's just a matter of getting everyone to sign the paperwork! I'm not sure who "everyone" includes, but it sounds like very good news! :) We have been miserable in the Army, for those of you who don't know how we feel about it (haha, as if there's anyone left who doesn't)... so this makes us very happy! A few months back we found out about a chapter in the Army that allows some soldiers to finish their contract early in order to start school back home. SO, if all goes well, he should be approved to come home by Christmas - just in time to start the Spring semester (quarter? What do I know??) at SLCC. He plans on going to some sort of business school eventually, but SLCC is where he's going to start. I'll be starting Weber in the Spring, also. I can hardly wait!!!

If Steve gets out around Christmas, and it's all approved for sure, I'm going to do everything I can to get home to Utah before Joshua starts school this August. I don't know if this is possible, but I'm certainly going to try. It will require that either Steve or I find a car to drive during those couple of months we're apart... either one to leave here with Steve or one for me to go home to, so that we can both work while we're apart. If anyone has any thoughts on how that might work out, I'm open to suggestions! lol We can't afford to be buying a new car just for a couple of months that we need separate ones...

Anyway, yay!!!! :) That countdown on the right might not be accurate anymore, and it makes me sooooooooooo happy! Pray that all the higher-ups cooperate!!!

Also.... This morning, I finally started! I've been so busy I haven't done any exercising at ALL since I said I would start (although I have been watching what I eat a lot better, and switched to whole wheat everything - Ashli, lol). This morning the kids were driving me up the wall and I was feeling especially fat and lazy (I'm not fat, don't throw a fit... I know I'm not fat), so I took the boys out on a walk. We walked a good half mile to the park by the PX, played at the park, and walked back. By the time we were about 2 blocks away from home, Josh was saying, "I'm so thirsty! We'll never make it!" but we did! I nearly believed him. I think I'm a little too out of shape! lol! Anyway, here are a few pictures I took with my phone while we were at the park. Enjoy!

Josh on the See-Saw

Asher sat at the top like this for a loooooong time before he finally decided to go down. I had to slide down with him though!

Josh kept saying, "A tortoise! I'm sitting on a tortoise!" lol

Josh climbed up and slid right down. He's officially over his fear of heights! :)

Asher, being a spider.

Asher's first time on a big-boy swing! He loved it.

Asher LOVES the see-saw!

Josh... in the car yesterday. :)

3 comments:

Whitney L. said...

Wow! That is great news! We can't wait to see you!

Jennifer Lynn said...

HOORAY!!!! I'm so excited for you! And I'm so excited to see you! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! :-)

Keith and Nancy said...

That is so awesome, I hope that you can make it back in time for school to start.