
We have news! Steve has to go to school in Virginia for 3 weeks in September. He leaves on my birthday (WAHHH!!!), September 7th, then he returns on Asher's birthday, September 27th.
This school thing has made it so that I have to quit my job. I have no one to watch my kids for the three weeks Steve will be gone, so I put in my two weeks' notice at work last night. This broke my heart, because I love my job and I know I'm making things extremely difficult for the other girls who still work there (they're down to two employees now). :(
I have been looking into coming home while Steve was gone, because I don't want to stay here and be all alone for most of September... but flights are expensive (as always), so it would cost about $800 for the three of us to fly home. Not to mention the new BAG CHARGE!! I wouldn't be able to get much stuff home!!
Anyway, long story short, Steve says if I stick around until after he gets home from the school in Virginia, he'll take a 4-day weekend and drive us home! This way we can take as much stuff as we can fit in the car, and it will cost less to get there. Gas prices suck, but they're not as bad as paying for a whole jet to take you there! :)
Once I get there, I'll find a job, get registered for school at Weber (Spring semester), find daycare and an apartment/house... I can hardly WAIT!!! :) I'm so excited! It's going to be hard for all of us to be away from Steve, of course, but we've done it before... and I think it will be worth it to get everything set up before he gets home for good. (Steve gets out of the Army somewhere between February and April.) When Steve gets his orders in November, he'll have the Army move all our stuff home (furniture and all) to Utah, so we can move into our own place and be completely settled.
You may now rejoice. ;)
2 comments:
oh yeah aubrey! im soo happy for you! im gonna miss you but honestly we dont hang out anymore anyways...seeing as IM such a hermit crab!!! lol. but i know i can count on your blogs to get my aubrey fix!! :) im sorry u had to quit your job, but its for a good reason! you should see if they have a payless in utah. Let me know if you need help with anything and thanks for all the comments on my blog...its sad that my own family cant make the time to check it out...thats why i made it in the first place....well my brother chris did check it out lol. anyways, im gonna stop whining on your blog! CONGRATS again!!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Hooray! I'm so glad you two came up with a plan that makes you both happy. And now I can be happy, because you get to come home that much earlier! Hooray!
Post a Comment