Thursday, October 16, 2008

Please, I Beg of You

Alright, here's my Thursday Confession:


Dear Stephenie,



Because of you, I will never be the same. My world is colored with an entirely different light. My perspective on life (and what comes after and before it) has been permanently altered, in the best possible way.

Everyone I know can think I'm crazy for getting my life-altering insight from books about vampires, werewolves, and aliens... but that's how it's come to me, and I am grateful.

I'm not going to lie to you, Stephenie. I avoided your books like the plague. Vampires? Come on. I could never wrap my head around a concept like that. Things that aren't real - imaginary, fantasy creatures - are as far from something I'm interested as a thing can get. Somehow, you caught me by surprise, sucked me into your dream world, and now...

Now I am here to beg you to help me. I'm lost without you, Stephenie. (This is getting pathetic. If you aren't Stephenie Meyer*, feel free to puke and then skip right over today's post. It's only going to get worse from here.) There simply must be more words written on pages with your name on top. I refuse to live much more of my life without something to read from you.

I don't care if you have to pick up a pen and write about your day. I don't care if you have to sit down at your keyboard and write about your toe fungus. Whatever it takes, as long as you're writing something I can purchase and read over and over.

I would get into the way you've inspired my writing, but there are simply no words for that. (Irony.) Just know that you have brought to life a dream I thought had long died, and it will thrive until my name is on a shelf very near yours.

Please, Stephenie, for all of us who have lost our minds at the end of each of your books... We're begging. Please. More. Much more.

So sincerely,
Aubrey O.


P.S. To MY readers... If you got this far, I genuinely apologize for that explosion of nauseating emotion. I really had no choice, you know. Something needs to be done.

Also, may we please take a moment to mourn the loss of Midnight Sun. If you feel the same way I do about this treason that has been committed against this great author (not to mention the tragic loss of the insight into Edward's soul we almost had...), please comment and show your support. Whoever did this to Stephenie Meyer surely knows how he/she has hurt us all, but I believe this great author should know we support her if she ever chooses to continue her train of thought with the novel... and even if she cannot.





*I am intensely aware that Stephenie Meyer will, in all probability, never read this post. There's really no need to point that out to me.

4 comments:

Jennifer Lynn said...

Can I just say that you are my favorite person EVER!? You are fabulous! And I mourn with you over Midnight Sun. Hopefully, after a period of greiving, she will share the rest of that fabulous book with us. I can't wait for you to move here, it's just not the same getting my Aubrey fix over the computer. Muah!

Natalie said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! I agree 100%. You should email it to her, or at least mail it or something.

Krista Miller said...

AMEN sista! Hey did you know that you can read the partial draft of Midnight Sun on her website?

Miken said...

haha i must say i really laughed hard at this when i read this. and yes i read all of it. very pathetic but i liked it. you're funny aubrey! i can't wait to hang out with you again. hopefully you can contain your emotions a little better when i see you :) haha