Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time for Updates....

But what to say?

There's not a whole lot new with me!

I guess the newest thing is Josh. He's been doing SO well at school I can hardly believe it. The minute Steve got back from Kansas, Josh started going to school without a complaint and behaving perfectly there. After just two days his teacher said to me, "It's like a whole new kid! I can't believe the turn-around. Tell your husband thank you." She used to call me almost every day to come get him because he was refusing to participate and crying all day long... she even threatened "If he can't get his act together and participate with the class, he'll need to be held back a year, because this is not Kindergarten behavior." Literally the day Steve came back to Utah, she quit having even one complaint about him. She seems surprised that he's actually a good kid... which irks me (because I know he's an angel), but also makes me happy because I feel a little bit like "I TOLD YA SO!" lol I'm a bit immature about it, but I DID tell her he would be fine once Steve came home. She had no faith. :)

As for the rest of us... we're driving Joshua to school every day (20 minutes each way), so we spend the days while he's at school using my mom's or my sister's computer and doing laundry at their houses until it's time to take Josh home from school. (Who can afford the gas to do that twice in one day??) I think it's worth it to keep driving him, though, so we don't have to move him to a third school this year. After all, it is only his first year in school... he doesn't need any more disturbances.

The job search is going okay... we got a little bit of interest from a job at Fort Douglas for Steve, and he starts school on Monday. I will be registering for school soon also...

There's really not much to say; I guess that's it! Asher is growing like a weed, and we're just working on getting some income going! Wish there was something more exciting to say, but thank goodness there's nothing tragic going on. :) Gotta be thankful for status quo!

1 comment:

Whitney L. said...

I can't believe that Joshy is so old now! I'm so glad that you all are doing well. It's definitely a tough time to find a job. We'll keep praying for ya! :)