Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Have Had ENOUGH.

I have had enough being a bum.
I have had enough laying around sick.
I have had enough leaving the house in an almost-ponytail and no makeup.
I have had enough wearing frumpy clothes because nothing fits.
I have had enough of shoes all over the floor.
I have had enough of laundry piled to the ceiling.
I have had enough dirty dishes all over the counter.
I have had enough of feeling like a useless wife and mother.
I have had enough of that look on my husband's face when he walks through the door and finds out I have been sitting on the couch sick all day. Again. And the house is still a mess. Again.


I mean it. This is it. The end of the pregnancy slump.

TODAY the junk is bagged up and disposed of.
TODAY the laundry gets cut in half.
TODAY the dishes are cleaned and put away.
TODAY my kids learn to put away their own dang shoes.
TODAY the kids learn to put their own dishes in the dishwasher.
TODAY I see that look on my husband's face that I used to see... the one that says, "Wow. My wife is WonderWoman. How did she get so much done in so little time?"
TODAY my life goes back to something I can tolerate.

4 comments:

Miken said...

hahah i feel like that too sometimes minus the wife, kids, pregnancy, and husband parts. there's just so much to do and no time to get it ALL done. i BELIEVE in you aubrey!!!

Keith and Nancy said...

Go Aubrey Go!!!

I will come help you if you need some help.

The Schramm's said...

You go Girl!!

Debbie said...

Wow! Good for you.