Sunday, July 19, 2009

My New Investment (A.K.A. Maternity Jeans)


After 3 1/2 months of wearing bigger and bigger jeans, using an elastic to hold them together (so I had a little more space than just the button gave me), I finally got completely fed up with the saggy legs/butt and pain from it pushing on my stomach. I have looked all over for some jeans that I could afford that I could ALSO feel good about leaving the house in, and finally ended up giving in at Motherhood Maternity. It just about killed me to hand over my debit card. $50 for a pair of jeans I will only wear for 2 or 3 months is robbery.

At the register I'm thinking, "Ok, I'll just hurry and do it; don't think too much - it will make the next couple of months bearable."

Instead, I get the longest, steadiest stream of sales pitches and pushy advertising I have ever been affronted with. I stood at the register for 15 minutes, and after 4 other women came up in line behind me and I had been asked to fill out a form with my SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER on it for a totally unnecessary credit check, I told her she needed to just hurry up and check me out. Two girls who were behind me in line left when they saw what I was accosted with! Anyway, I was annoyed.

BUT! These pants are amazing. The top (cream part) is so thin the band doesn't show through your shirt, and there are POCKETS! :) I love them. If only I could wear them more than a couple of months. I'll be saving for a pair of the next size up cause I love them so much!

3 comments:

Darci Lynne said...

I had a similar experience at Motherhood Maternity- and now I never want to go back! I love that you used the word "accosted", that is exactly how it felt. I was attacked. It seems like it will be less questions/forms/applications to actually deliver my child at the hospital than to buy maternity pants at Motherhood Maternity.

Nina Miles said...

If you want to borrow any maternity clothes I have a bunch-mostly from Motherhood. I was pregnant in about the same seasons as you (Carson was born in Feb) so if you want to borrow anything let me know! Mike's parents live in Farmington so we're up that way all the time. Cute apartment too by the way! :)

Jillian said...

oh man!! best investment ever.. I didn't invest until I was 8 months pregnant and then I'd wished I had done it a LOT earlier!! Glad you gave in!