My fat face in labor & Steve
Steve all suited-up for the c-section
Look at all his black curls!


The flowers Steve bought me :)
This wall said "Welcome Aubrey and Family!" When I got into the recovery room :)I am heartbroken because I haven't been able to hold him, and I haven't been able to see him except from far away. He is in the NICU because he's had trouble breathing, and the pediatrician says he looks more like a 34-week baby than a 36-week baby. His lungs weren't ready for the outside air yet, so they are trying to get him to the point where he can get off the oxygen and breathe on his own.
As for me, I am happy to be done with the c-section and on my way to recovery. I feel 1000000000000 times better than I did after my c-section with Asher, so although I'm in a lot of pain, I am mostly just appreciating that it isn't so bad. After my nightmare experience with Asher, though, I'm not sure anything (short of a repeat of what happened then) could be considered bad.
I have to stop typing now and go to sleep. I will post more details about how it all happened and more pictures when I get my IV out!
5 comments:
He is SO HANDSOME!! Omg I am in love with all his hair!!! Take it easy and get some rest! Congratulations!
awwwwww aubrey! hes beautiful! he looks like a strong lil guy...i can tell!!! soooo glad to see pictures! xoxoxo
Yay!!! You are done being pregnant and you have a beautiful baby boy to show for it! Congratulations!
So precious. He is beautiful :-)
Congrats he is adorable! Hope your recovery goes smoothly and that you will be able to take the sweet boy home soon!
Post a Comment