Saturday, November 21, 2009

Baby Boy - Day #3

Today he had to be under the bililights for Jaundice.

When I went in to visit him all I could do was hold his little hand with the tip of my index finger (I guess it's more like he was holding my finger with his hand), and I started to get really dizzy and tired. I decided to go back to my room to get some rest, but when I pulled my finger away he whined and cried and squeezed my hand. I had to stay with him until he let go of my hand because I was so happy he wanted me there! It's the only interaction we have gotten thus far at all, and it felt really good to feel like he wanted me around.

Around 5:00 this evening they told us we could try to hold him with some skin-to-skin contact. She said I'd be his best heater, so I got to hold him for almost 30 minutes! He's so perfect and tiny and soft and ahhhh! :) I loved it! I can't wait to do it again. (So everyone pray his stats go up overnight so I can do it again tomorrow!)

Holding on to Steve's finger

1 comment:

The Schramm's said...

He is just a little miracle! and so precious!