Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Alone


I have started a new stage in this divorce thing... I'm not talking to Steve. We occasionally exchange a text or short phone call about the kids, but other than that I am not allowing myself to talk to him.

It is excruciating.

Life is so incredibly blah with no boy to talk to. Without THAT boy to talk to...

I know it's best for both of us, though. We need to get over each other if we're ever going to be ok... and as long as we keep a running dialogue we stay attached. Then we get hurt when the conversation turns sour. This is better...

But it is so lonely.


3 comments:

Miken said...

i think everyone has gone through this stage in breakups... yeah it SUCKS! but as time goes by it gets easier and easier to be by yourself. just think of it as being independent. that's an optimistic way of looking at it, right? like one of your last posts - it's time for you to focus on YOU! be strong aubrey - and if you need i can be your boy to talk to... i'll flirt you up anywhere anytime

Megs said...

I'm so sorry! I guess all you can do when the loneliness hits is remember those 3 beautiful boys you have around - I'm sure their smiles could make any day better!

natterbee said...

Oh, who needs boys, anyway? They really aren't that much fun to talk to. Surround yourself with your girlfriends and it will assuage your pain! :)