Aubrey
I am doing much better these days. Steve and I are working hard to come up with a working friendship so we can show the kids a good example even though we aren't going to be together anymore. There are still hard days, but mostly I've stopped crying all the time. I am starting to look toward school and work when my Max is done nursing (although I'm still terrified of college!). It's still hard to go to bed alone and wake up alone, and I still struggle with not telling him everything that happens to me. The simplest things, like, "Ugh, I just stepped in gum!" are still hard to keep to myself. I guess he really was my best friend, because it feels wrong not telling him every step of my day and every experience I have. Someday we'll probably manage to separate our lives completely... but for now, we're finding a decent medium place to be.
Joshua
My sweet baby is sooooo old now. He sat down and read me an entire book about Pokemon two days ago... every last word. I can't believe how good he's gotten at it! I attribute this improvement entirely to my mother, Steve, and his teacher and reading lady at school. I am so bad at teaching him to read... it's definitely not my greatest attribute as a mother. My mom works with Josh a lot now that we're living here, Steve always reads to him, and his reading lady at school (don't know what they call her lol) has been working with him for a couple of months now. Together, they've turned my little kid into a reader! Every time I'm using the computer or sending a text, he comes up to me and reads over my shoulder whatever I just typed. lol It's cute, but I guess I still thought of him as a little kid, cause it shocks me every time. Why couldn't he stay tiny forever??
Asher
Haha Asher is hilarious. That kid cracks me up more every day. He says the funniest things, I wish I had more time to record them so I could share them with you, but I always forget what he said later when I blog. He's got such an adorable personality! He's getting so big, too... Every time he walks into the room I'm surprised again - he's not a little kid anymore. I have been in kind of a fog for the last 6 months since Steve left... I guess I haven't been noticing their progress. Now that I've kind of woken up a little bit, I'm seeing them for what they are now... and Asher is definitely old.
Max
You guys know just about everything about Max already! He screams most of the day, except occasional times when he is extremely happy. So far he appears to live his life in extremes like I do! His sleeping is completely unpredictable - some nights he sleeps almost all night, some nights he sleeps for 30 minutes. He's holding his head up and is really interested in the world around him. Everyone who meets him falls in love with him, cause he's basically the most beautiful baby there ever was. :) Next steps are rolling over, then crawling! Scary huh! lol
This update feels incomplete. I feel like I should add a "Steve" section... but I guess this is it now. Consider yourself updated!
2 comments:
I am so proud of the way you are handling difficult circumstances. Looking out for what's best for your children, even when you are in pain is most commendable. The boys will benefit from you putting their needs ahead of your own. It would be easier to just cut yourself off from Steve, but he's their dad and they deserve both of you in a mutually respectful way. Just keep swimming...
Cute post! I love it. And you're right, Josh and Asher have grown up so much in the past 6 months!
Post a Comment