I hate having a private blog. It bores me to know that there's never going to be any more random people to find my blog and leave a comment - I love wondering who those people are and why they were interested in what I had to say. I hate that certain people won't see the things I wish they could see. I want to have a very public blog with readers I don't know, talking about all sorts of important issues. To have that, though, I'd have to change my blog address, and I'm really not willing to give up JustADetour. It means too much to me.
2 comments:
You could have a private blog where you discuss private stuff and a public blog where anyone/everyone can discuss all sorts of philosophical questions with you.
Of course, if you're going to have the second kind of blog, you'll have expect many people to disagree with your point of view . . . but then, really, that's the only advantage to putting in the kind of time that would be required to stimulate meaningful discussion . . . finding things you (and others) might learn that are outside your current realm of experience.
I think it would be worth it, and I think you'd enjoy it as long as you were able to not take the disagreement personally.
I've seen your luck with public blogs... I'd have thought you would've gotten over that.
Post a Comment