Friday, July 9, 2010
Baby with a Temper
My mom sent me an article last week about 7-month-old babies. It said that separation anxiety begins around 7 months. I said, "Oh, great." At the same time, though, I thought about my sweet baby and how he hasn't had any of that, and how glad I was!
Well, guess what. Two days ago, Max started a really fun new trick. He wants to be put in his bed to go to sleep, and he used to cry when he dropped his bottle, so I'd go in and give it back to him. Now, he sees me start to walk out of the room and he throws down his bottle, screaming bloody murder until I return. I give the bottle back to him and he takes it graciously, until the moment I start to move toward the door. At this, he screams.
I've played this game before (ahem, Asher), and I'm not really interested in playing again. So, I'm cracking open the miracle book I read way back when, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child to remember how to teach him to put himself to sleep without me. Wish me luck! I know it works, I just need the patience to carry out the plan. God grant me patience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
never . . . never . . . NEVER . . . NEVER EVER EVER pray for patience! God can't grant you patience, but he sure can send you the trials that will help you develop it!
Dad's advice cracks me up. Sounds like he's speaking from experience! I think the way babies can manipulate us is crazy. Avery, of course, is old enough to 'work us over' all the time. And we can't help but indulge him because he's so dang cute.
Haha, so true! I should change that.
Post a Comment