![]() | |
| Christmas Eve - Joshua, Max, Mom & Asher |
So here's some new information!
Steve started school full-time again this morning, along with work part-time yesterday. It's been a good, long vacation, and I think he's ready to jump back into it. Also, he reached Diamond level on StarCraft2, which for him, is basically the biggest deal ever. I can't tell you that I know what that means, so you probably shouldn't ask me if you're wondering.
Joshua turns EIGHT on Thursday, the 13th. I know, I know, I say this every year... but that is SO OLD! He's even acting old... I love it, but I can't handle it at the same time. When did my baby grow up?? He is doing great in school, loving church most of all, and starting scouts this month. I can't believe it! Scouts??
Asher is back to preschool after a VERY long and boring break, in which he became the most wild child I have ever seen. We are so glad he's back to his routine. :) School wears him out a bit, but he definitely thrives on the stimulation he gets there. He adores his teachers, Miss Kenzie and Miss Sian, and they are so, so good at what they do. He's being hilarious, as always, cracking me up all day long. (Along with making me angry by talking back and acting like he runs the place. Which is also funny sometimes... ugh.)
Max... Where do I even begin with Max?? He is now 14 months old, and I swear on everything holy, he is starting the Terrible Twos. I've always sworn the TT's start at 18 months, but Max is getting a good, long jump start. He spends most of the day yelling, demanding, and climbing, climbing, climbing! (There's also some falling, crying, and bleeding, because he refuses to stop discovering - no matter what or how dangerous his surroundings are.) I am not exaggerating when I say he is constantly on the move, never satisfied to sit and play with one thing. Toys? Are you kidding me? He wants scissors. He wants markers. He wants to tear apart the electronics and see what they're made of! He's pretty much a genius, and that is wearing me out. Max says tons of words now, repeating almost everything we say, and his most common is "off!" If he wants up on a chair, he says "Off!" If he wants down from that chair, he says, "Off!" If he wants something he can't reach, he says, "Off!" It basically means "help," "up," and "down." My new favorite word he says is "bopper" (means diaper). When I take off his wet/dirty diaper he makes a yucky face and sticks out his tongue. When I put on a new diaper he says, "bopper." His other favorite? "No, no." He says it when he knows full well he's doing something naughty, and he smiles at me while he says, "No, no."
As for me... I'm basically turning my entire life upside-down. I started working (freelance writing for BrightHub.com), I am actively writing my novel and have started a critique group with Jenn and Andrea, and I am starting a new semester at SLCC. It's going to be a very busy five months! It's going to take a lot of effort, a lot of organization (which I don't have), and tons of support from Steve. Hopefully we can handle the load, cause I'm taking this stuff really seriously now, and I'm ready to have a career of my own.
Wish us luck! Hope everyone is having a fantastic January!!!

1 comment:
Aubrey! I stopped by your blog to see how you've been since I was thinking about you tonight. I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you! Your boys are so handsome, as always. :) We are out of the navy in 9 months and I think about you frequently in those months that you were preparing for the transition. I am so glad that things have worked out for you all! *hugs*
Katie
Post a Comment