A few from this week that I can remember:
| Lost his first tooth! |
"Mom! I KNEW I shouldn't eat today! 'Cause, look!" (pointing at his tooth - about to fall out)
I tried to tell him that it was a good thing, nothing to be so mad about.
"Asher, that's great! You're losing your first tooth!"
He just glares at me, arms folded. "I don't want my teeth to fall out. I knew I shoulda brushed my teeth."
"It's ok Ash, this is what happens to everyone. Your baby teeth come out and then your big guy teeth come up!"
"NOT HAPPENING!" he insisted.
I sent him to bed with a tiny little box and instructed him to tell me if his tooth fell out, and the Tooth Fairy would come. (Everyone knows the Tooth Fairy ignores your tooth if you don't tell your mom the Fairy is expected to come.) He went to bed angry at me for making him eat an apple that made his tooth get loose.
Two minutes later, there he is at my bedroom door, with the tiniest tooth I have ever seen in his little hand!
"It came out!" I cheered.
"Yeah! NOW I can put my STRAW in there!"
Each day (several times per day), Asher sings me a song.
This started a few weeks ago.
"You're so cute,
You're so cute!
You're so cute that I want to kiss you!"
And immediately follows it with a kiss, no matter what I am doing.
A few days later he added another verse.
"You're so cute,
You're so cute,
You should have a smile on your face right now!
You should have a smile on your face right now!"
(followed by the original verse, above, with a kiss at the end)
Asher, yelling from ten feet away, while I paid for groceries at Harmon's:
"Mommy, you're so beautiful!"
I swear the checker and baggers laughed for ten full minutes.
Me: Steve, I look awful today. (Yes, I know I should cut out the negative self-talk, I'm trying!)
Asher: Mommy, you're not awful, you're always pretty!
After school, upon seeing my clean living room:
"Wow, Mom, good job cleaning up!"
Asher is an artist. He's always drawing pictures, painting, and creating things. My MIL gave me a new journal for Mother's Day, so Asher had to break it in by drawing me some pictures. "Is this journal big enough for two pictures or three pictures?" he asked, before choosing three random pages in the book to draw on for me. He's always drawing in my journals (never without permission). I love finding the pictures later as I'm writing.
And my personal FAVORITE...
When I went to pick Asher up from school yesterday, he gave his teacher a hug, saying, "Hug, hug, hug!"
His other teacher leaned over to me and said, "He told me, 'I'm just a bit hugglish today. That's why I'm giving so much hugs.'"
Hugglish! Just like ticklish... except with hugs! Cutest 5-year-old ever.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you write these down! He is so dang cute. And hugglish. I love it!!!
Post a Comment