Saturday, October 29, 2011

Kid-isms: October 2011



Max was sitting on my lap, without his diaper on (he's potty training; this is how we do it), and he started saying, "Belly button! Belly button!" I looked down, expecting him to be lifting up his shirt and pointing at his belly button. Found him touching his penis instead. Turns out we need to go over some things.
(And yes, I know this is going to embarrass him later. What else are blogs for but to store priceless memories like this one?)

***

Asher, while I carved our pumpkin, pointing at me, "Cute mommy!"
"Mommy, you are the best mommy in the whole world!"
"Mommy is the best, better than the rest!"
Upon seeing the insides of the pumpkin: "Ew, that's disgusting. I'm not touching that. Mom, you do it."

***

Pointing at computer, several times every single day, Max requests these music videos by name:
"Fire flames!"  Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragonforce, which you can find here.
"Play doh, play doh!" They Know by Drake, which you can find here (clean version). Seriously, you should listen to at least the chorus. You'll understand why Asher started calling it "play doh play doh". 
"Ground pound!" Operation Ground and Pound by Dragonforce, which you can find here.
"Bubble pop!" Catchy song with offensive video, found here
To any one of these songs, Max will bounce to the beat and even put a pretend microphone to his mouth. He's even started attempting the big jump they do in "ground pound". Some day I'll post a video of it, if I can figure out the camera.
I'm quite concerned that the kids never request to hear my music, only Steve's. Oh no.


***


Asher, after being sick all week, "Mom, why does the food go down, and then come back up?"
He was sneaking food and eating it behind my back, before his stomach was ready to digest again.

***

I've got a slight obsession with the "Hallelujah" song lately. The other day, after listening to it over and over, Asher finally said, "What does alujah mean?" I said, "Praise unto God." He said, "Why do you like it so much?"

***

Every night, while falling asleep Max lays in singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. "Twinkle twinkle staaaar! How I wonder what AAAARE!"or Itsy Bitsy Spider, "Izzy pider, water POUT! Down rain, wash pider OUT!"
I.LOVE.THIS.


***

Joshua does lots of cute things, but rarely says one-liners that would transfer well to written format. Mostly he melts my heart and makes me laugh through facial expression, physical affection, and cute ways he plays with toys and his brothers. Just in case you're wondering why you don't see a lot of Joshua-isms on here. He's almost nine now, so he's not really in that cute little quirky stage where they're still figuring out language.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am so glad you thought to record these adorable things they say and do. As for "belly button" and the rest of the anatomy - his very advanced language skills bring certain unique challenges...