Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kid-isms January-February 2012

1st thing Josh says to me this morning: Mom, want to do a quiz with me? 
Me: Ok. 
Josh, looking sneaky: What day is it? Is it a regular day, or someone's birthday? *grins*
Me: Well, I'm sure it's someone's birthday...
Josh: It's DR SEUSS' birthday!!! *digs around in bedroom for Dr Seuss books to take to school* 

***

Me, singing along to my new favorite song. Max, sitting on my lap, takes my face between both his hands and says firmly, "STOP IT. Stop singing, Mom."

***

Every day for three days now, when Max hears Steve's key turn in the front door, he screams, "Nooooooo! No, not Daddy! Daddy not come home anymore, Daddy go back to work!" He tries to physically force Steve back out the door, because he knows when Steve gets home from work I have to go to work. Breaks my heart every time, but secretly makes me kinda happy cause he loves me! : P

***

When we went to visit Justin and Krista last week, Krista sent a Scooby Doo movie home with us to borrow. Max has not stopped watching it since. He wakes up and says, "Want watch Scooby Scooby Doo!" (Says it exactly like Scooby Doo. So dang cute.)

*** 

Asher, creating a fat mii on the wii: "Mom, is this how fat you are?" 

*** 

After weeks of hearing that my kids really, really wanted to see the Smurfs, I finally picked it up at Red Box on my way home from work. "I got you guys a movie to watch!" I said when I got home. 

"What is it? What is it?!" They ran to the kitchen to see. 

I make a big, ridiculously dramatic presentation of the DVD. They stare at it like it's totally lame. 

Josh: "We saw that at Natalie's house."
Asher: "Um... Maybe I'll watch it if I get reallllllly bored."

***

Max woke up at 6am asking me to read him a story. I climbed into bed with him and an Elmo book and started to quietly read. After a minute Josh woke up and climbed up into Max's bed with us. Max was loudly exclaiming, "It's Grover! Look, Mom, it's Super Grover!" and I shushed him many times because Asher was still sleeping. "Shh," I said. "Asher is trying to sleep." 

"Look, Mom, It's Super Grover!" Max yelled again. 

In the silence we heard Asher pipe up with the BEST Super Grover impersonation ever: "It is I, Super Grover, and I am going to attempt...." I don't even know what the end of that sentence was because we all started cracking up. 6am + Asher humor = the best.

***

Max: "I want watch Thomas and FRIENDS!"
Steve: "You have a cute little voice, hoo bear."
Max: "No... I am a BIG voice!"
Yes, yes you are, Max!!!
  
***

Asher: "Mom, every year on Christmas day, baby Jesus gets born, right?" 

***

Max, Informing me he put a little red ball up his nose:  "I put it up with my boogers!" 
After a traumatic visit to the urgent care, Max looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "My didn't want that happen, Mom!" :'(

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love these boys so much! They just ooze personality. I miss them when I don't get to see them often enough. Can't you just move back in here?

Kim said...

I love that picture of you with your boys. So cute! The other day I saw a little boy that reminded me a bit of Asher and I thought about you guys. Hope you're hanging in there!