Thursday, May 24, 2007

Restless

I am feeling an intense need to do something with myself. I think I'm done sitting at home with kids. This may be a rash statement, but at the moment this is how I feel. I am of course going to see a therapist before making such a giant decision (LOL)... I'm feeling a GIGANTIC pull toward college. I can't seem to shake it, I just keep feeling like there's this empty spot in my stomach, and (being a Miller), I attempt to fill it with food. I finally figured out, it's not HUNGRY. Leave it up to me to try to fill every void with food!! But here's the truth: I want to BE SOMEONE. I want to do something for ME. Not just clean the house, take the dog out, feed the children, clean up after the children, feed the husband, clean up after the husband. Although that's a fabulous way of life, I'm feeling really .... stuck. And I don't think it has anything to do with my husband or kids, I think it's about my need to learn something new. I haven't learned anything in ages, and I'm feeling so ... well, DUMB. I'm tired of feeling dumb, I am NOT dumb. I'm intelligent and motivated to make money and be someone! So why shouldn't I??

Now it's just a matter of waiting... till we can move on post and I can investigate daycare, get on the waiting list, and register for school! :)

AHHH!!! I get butterflies just thinking about it, going to college is the SCARIEST thing I can imagine! But it's a good plan, and I THINK I might be ready for it!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I can't wait for you to start so you can tell me how it is! I'm VERY excited for you.

Debbie said...

Good idea. I have never regretted doing it even though it was very hard at the time. It gave me lots of options down the road. Good luck with the move and the new plans.
Love you!
Mom