I am going to make a statement about how I feel. I'm going to do it as a statement of fact. If you take offense to people stating their own opinion as fact, please leave.
The email circulating about Rosie O'Donnell's comments on The View (ABC) has infuriated me. I reposted it, passed it on, and tried to forget about it. I haven't been able to get it off my mind all day, and I'm now ready to make my voice heard.
Let me begin by saying that I did not see the entire episode of The View when it aired, I have only seen the video at this link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789
I'm outraged and hurt by the statements she made. Much more outraged than hurt. I'm shocked and a little nauseated that she was allowed to make the statements she did on national television, dishonoring all of our brave soldiers and their families who stand up and work for something.
Our lives are completely devoted to the cause we stand for, which I see as taking our country's wealth, ability, knowledge and ideals - standing up with them, leaving our homes and our families to bring the world our hope for peace. The people we're standing up for don't care about our children. They don't care about their neighbor's children. They are wrapped up in centuries of misunderstandings, miscommunications. We are there to say YOU CAN HAVE PEACE! Your children can learn, they can be leaders of a peaceful nation! It is NOT a murder mission! Our soldiers, the men and women out there fighting for someone ELSE'S children to grow up in a fair nation, do not deserve to be called terrorists! These people don't make the rules, they don't make the war decree. They have sworn to uphold their nation's honor and protection, and they are sacrificing everything, very often even their lives, to do so.
THESE SOLDIERS, SAILORS, MARINES AND AIRMEN HAVE CHILDREN.
Do these men and women deserve to have their children grow up in a society where they turn on the TV and hear that their father (or mother) who has been fighting (or has died) in war is a terrorist?? Can you imagine how confusing and damaging this could be to a child, still struggling to understand why their daddy is leaving them? THESE PEOPLE ARE HEROES, AND OUR NATION HAS FORGOTTEN THAT! ABC AND BARBARA WALTERS ARE ALLOWING OUR CHILDREN TO GROW UP IN A COUNTRY WHERE THEIR MILITARY PARENTS, BROTHERS, SISTERS, AUNTS, UNCLES, AND FRIENDS ARE CALLED TERRORISTS. Do you think Rosie O'Donnell will be the last? If she is allowed to make disrespectful statements about our soldiers, others will follow! She is only the first of many who will be cluttering up the airwaves with this disgusting display of betrayal.
WE DO NOT DESERVE THIS TREATMENT. In fact I will go as far as to say we deserve the opposite. If you hate the policy, attack the politician. The troops who are out in the desert following their orders and losing their lives deserve your admiration and support.
For the first time in my life, I actually feel ashamed to be a part of this great nation which once held respect for people who cared enough to stand up and fight for it. And who are also standing up to fight for OTHER countries which are ALSO deserving of a free nation!!!!
I have written a letter to ABC in my outrage, and I encourage anyone else who feels the way I do to do the same.
http://abc.go.com/site/contactus.html
IN CASE THIS ISN'T CLEAR YET: I AM NOT OPEN TO YOUR CRITICISM RIGHT NOW. IF YOU'RE INCLINED TO CRITICISE ME, LEAVE MY SITE. I'M NOT IN THE MOOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment