Yesterday Josh woke up with a nasty cough that sounds really miserable. He hasn't had a cold or any other symptoms, so I'm concerned. It was around all day yesterday and didn't disappear today. All night he was coughing, and now he's laying around, won't eat (except ice cream), and can't spit out 3 words without coughing his sad little lungs out. :(
So I woke up incredibly early this morning with him, put him in my bed with a humidifier and some cough medicine, and called the appointment line the moment it was open. OF COURSE they have already filled their "same-day appointments." My other options are 1) Make an appointment for March 2nd, or 2) Go to the ER. Wait for 6 hours in there with all the other sick and semi-sick children for some moron Army doctor to tell me he's fine. Which of course will be wrong, because they always are, and we'll be right back there again two days from now begging them to GET A CLUE and help my child.
So here we sit. Cough and all. Because no one can actually help us.

Oh, I thought I could remind you that these doctors are trained for combat medicine. Which basically means... stop the bleeding, keep them hydrated, ship them to Germany.
Ugh.
1 comment:
sounds like you need to come back to utah like right now! I'm sorry about Josh, I hope he's ok and his cough goes away so you don't have to sit in the ER!!
Post a Comment