First of all, Saturday brought us amazing weather!! 69 degrees here! We were so excited, we got dressed and took the kids to the pond. There's a running path behind the pond, so we took the kids and dog out for some exercise. It felt SO good to be out in the sunshine, despite all the wind. Everything is still dead, so it wasn't especially pretty, but it was totally inspiring to remember that Kansas isn't always so dark and miserable... eventually we'll experience some warmth! Winter feels like it's been hovering for EVER this year. I took a couple pictures with my phone... not the best, but something is better than nothing, eh?




The other new development in my home is the addition of the chart system! We've implemented a chart for EVERYTHING around here to try and control out lives a little bit. I'm tired of the mess, I'm tired of forgetting to make Josh get up and be productive, I'm tired of Josh having accidents at night. I'm tired of all the chaos. SO, this picture is of the bedtime chart. After each bedtime activity (brush teeth, get pajamas on, get a drink, read a book, sing a song, nigh-night), they get to put a sticker on the chart. They LOVE it. It's a stroke of genius, I tell you. They don't even whine when I say it's time for bed anymore. Asher just yells, "Sticker!!"
The other charts are as follows:- Joshua's Job Chart - Consisting of ...
- Go potty
- Get dressed
- Eat breakfast
- Brush teeth
- Comb hair
3. Joshua's Potty Chart (he gets to put a sticker on every morning that he wakes up dry), which so far has been absolutely every night! 8 days already, which NEVER happened before.
4. Asher's Potty Chart (he got his first sticker this morning!) :)
5. Aubrey and Steve's Exercise Chart. We have yet to put this one to use. lol.
Anyway, here's a couple of cute pictures...


the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment