Thursday, April 10, 2008

Damn You, Milton.

Excuse my language. I can't think of another way to tell him how I feel!

In all my life, I've never tasted a piece of chocolate (especially Hershey's) that I couldn't resist. Not ever. From the time I was 10 years old until I had my second son (at 21), I was allergic to chocolate. Even a few m&m's made me very sick, and even the smell made me nauseated. After Asher, my body decided chocolate was reasonable again. (I know, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense... but pregnancy does very strange things to a person.)

Now, after all this time... 23 years of [mostly] chocolate-free life...

THIS.

Hershey's Kisses with Caramel are forcing me to draft a new workout routine. We're not talking about a bag at a time, here folks... I'm not suicidal! But 3 or 4 or 5 kisses a day... It's way more chocolate than I've ever eaten in my lifetime, so it feels like a truckload. I refuse to let it get the best of me. As my 5-year-old told me today [when I told him I was job searching],

"Good luck with that."

Dang you, Milton. Dang you.

1 comment:

Muncey said...

I'll be in Hershey, PA this summer.

I'll gladly deliver the message to them for you....

or I could bring you a huge bag of said Kisses :D

-Muncey