Monday, May 26, 2008

My Soapbox.


When I get a little extra time, I love to go searching for blogs of people I knew way-back-when. I go to my friends' pages and click on the links they have listed of their friends, hoping to stumble upon someone I might remember or who is just plain interesting. I laughed out loud when I found one a minute ago that said, "I know it seems vain to post a picture of myself, but here's the story..."

HAHAHAHA! If I could even COUNT the times I've posted pictures of myself... And it's not because I'm vain, either. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. I'm an "ugly." (This is not just a demeaning term I'm using, I actually picked it up from a blog I stumbled upon a few minutes ago... someone named Camille. I don't think I know her, but I'll link her anyway because I found her post about the "stunnings" and the "uglies" extremely entertaining.) ANYWAY, I post endless pictures of myself for two reasons:

1) I'm utterly and entirely bored out of my mind most of the time, and
2) My family is 1,025 miles away. For some reason I think they're interested in seeing what I look like as well as my children, on a weekly basis. lol

I just needed to share that with you. I thought it was downright hilarious that the only picture of this girl on her entire blog had to be captioned with "here's why I posted a picture of myself, even though I shouldn't..."

How different we all are. :)

Here's my unsolicited advice to no-name girl who is afraid to show off her own face:

Don't be ashamed of who you are! You're teeny and skinny and beautiful, with great hair! What on Earth are you doing feeling bad about showing that to people? If I were as skinny as you after having a child... let's just say there'd be even more pictures of me on this blog! People go to your blog to see you and learn about your life. It's your little space in the world to brag about yourself and your cute family... so, in my not-so-humble opinion...

BRAG!
GLOAT!
SHOW OFF!
POSE!
EXAGGERATE!
ENJOY!

No comments: