Thursday, May 29, 2008

My house

Well, I'm getting close to leaving this place. I don't know exactly how close, that all depends on some people who are in charge of Steve at work... and a lot of paperwork. But HOPEFULLY it's really soon.... so I decided (inspired by Eddie and Brittany's blog) to post some pictures of my house before things get too busy and we end up moving out of here.

There are a lot of things I don't like about this house (like the fact that it's a tri-level, so I'm CONSTANTLY battling stairs, or the fact that the entire house is hardwood floor... extremely difficult to keep clean), but I will definitely miss it when we go. It's my home, and although I tried not to get attached to it (knowing it was temporary Army housing), we've lived here for a year, so... I inevitably did.

SO - here we go. You're getting the grand tour. (By grand I mean grand. It's going to be long. Hope you're prepared.)

When you walk into my house, you use the front door:
To your left you'll see a set of stairs leading to the upper level:

... and in front of you (as you walk in the house), you see the living room. The living room is the only room on this level; there's also a set of stairs going down.

(view from the front door)

(facing the front door)

Office area - in the living room

My new bookshelf :)

Our new fishtank (thanks Lisa)

Other side of the bookshelf is the TV...

My favorite corner :)

OK now let's say you went upstairs from the front door...

At the top of the stairs is a tiny little bathroom (to the left). It's so tiny, in fact, that it was unnecessary to try to take a picture. To your right is a hallway that leads to the three bedrooms:

The first room on the left is Josh's room:


You can't see it, but on that shelf next to Josh's letters (from Grandma) are two little pictures of Josh and Alex. He loves them. On top is his money bank he got from Grandma Kenna when he was a baby. He's obsessed with finding coins to put in that bank. On the bed is the teddy Grandma gave him when I was pregnant with him (It made me cry, and still kinda does... it was when I knew that my mom was actually going to forgive me for getting pregnant at 17), all of Josh's Pokemon characters, and the quilt my sisters/mom and I made him for Christmas.



The next room down the hall is Asher's room. It's incredibly boring, but don't feel too bad for him... If he has anything in there, he won't sleep! He just gets up and plays with toys or spends the whole time jabbering about the stuff on the walls.

His tiny racecar bed is starting to get small for him... he's definitely ready to move up to a twin size when we get home to Utah. I'm accepting donations. lol


The few toys Asher does have are in his closet and rarely get played with... he much prefers to take over Josh's room.

At the end of the hall is our room... it's pretty tiny, so it's difficult to get very good pictures, but here ya go:



OK so this picture (above) is a little old, but it was a good shot so I'm just re-using it.


ALRIGHT, now lets pretend you went DOWNSTAIRS from the front door... You'll run right into the dining room, my second fav room in the house. (First favorite is my bedroom, of course!)

Notice: Baker's rack is new (Thanks Lisa), and the little thing hanging on the wall (below) is my Mother's Day present from my mother-in-law Michele. It's a willow tree thing with a family... mom, dad, and two boys. So cute. There's coffee cups on the curtains; I wish you could tell. They're way cute.

This is tragic... (below). I'm so sad the picture is bad quality, but I couldn't seem to get a better one. Those sconces and peglights are AMAZING. Wish you could tell! :(


To the left is a little tiny bathroom... so tiny that all I could get was a towel rack and window in the picture. Lame.

If you turn right (from the stairs... through the dining room), you'll find the kitchen.

That little desk is where Joshua learns to write and color...

I'm not even gonna try to lie and tell you our kitchen usually looks like this. It's generally covered in dishes and all sorts of other nonsense.

That phone is purely for emergencies. It's not plugged in, so don't think you're missing out if you don't have our home number. We don't use it. ;)

I know this looks ridiculous. This is our Utah flag that we have hanging in our tiny laundry room. It's a bit cheesy, but you do what you have to do to get through military life, 1000 miles from home!

For some reason the picture of our washer and dryer didn't come out. (I am obsessed with it. I hate doing laundry, but WOW do I love my washer/dryer!)

This is the storage closet I successfully cleaned out last weekend. Go me. :)

Well, you've reached the end of the line. I'd love to take pictures of the outside for you, but not only is it hideous, I'm far too lazy to get dressed and walk outside to do it. Just picture military-issued housing (all the same, cheap-siding houses with no decent grass), tan-ish/yellow-ish color.

It's nothing too spectacular, but it's home. :)

1 comment:

AshliO said...

I love your house. It's so cute. Now I wanna have a Utah flag too! I especially love your living room. Cool. It's funny you did this today. I was looking at pictures of our old "flood" house and thinking of posting a tribute slide show but decided to save that for another day, when we know what the fate of it will be! I'll be happy for you when you get to go home.