Monday, May 5, 2008

Updates all around

So I got a comment from my mom this morning that made me feel a little guilty. When things get hard in my life, I tend to just express it through pictures and music, never really having much to say. Then after a while, my family starts noticing and asking if I'm alright...

So here's a bit of an update!

Steve is heading to WLC (training they have to go to before they can be promoted to the rank of Sergeant) at the end of May for 2-4 weeks (we're not sure how long yet). I'm not looking forward to being alone that long, so if anyone wants to make the trip to Kansas, you're certainly welcome to come visit!!! After he finishes WLC he'll have enough promotion points to go to the board again and get his E-5 rank. That would be a MUCH needed pay boost, so we're all praying that happens quickly, right?? :) Other than that, Steve is just as miserable as ever, hating his job and the people he works with... Counting down the days till we're outta here! (See countdown in the right column!)

Joshua is blowing us all away with how smart he is! He's scheduled to start Kindergarten this fall, and he's already writing words and reading a bit. It's adorable how motivated he is; he wants to be working on it all the time! I love watching him figure it all out... he's really got a good grasp of all the letters, what they sound like, how to write them, etc.

Asher is 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2! He's a bit on the bratty side, but we are enjoying every second of him! He's so adorable, he just charms the pants off of you! Even when he's fit-throwing, he's just hilarious, so it's pretty enjoyable. He's talking CONSTANTLY and has the most adorable new way of saying everything. Up until about a week ago (maybe less), he said everything regularly... however we told him to say it. NOW he says everything with the letter in front of it.

Example:

Asher- "Mommy?"
Me- "What?"
Asher- "Want a bee breakfast." (bee, as in the letter B, and "breakfast" is pronounced kind of like "beff-ess")

"Hu hat" (pronounced Who Hat) = Hat
"D Door" = Door
"B Bed" = Bed
"C Candle" (pronounced "cannel") = candle
"P Pocket" = well, you get the idea.
Anyway... It's pretty stinkin adorable.

He's also almost completely potty trained! He's been training himself, I swear... I hardly ever remember to take him potty; he does that all on his own! (I have to go with him and cheer, but he decides he needs to go.) It's SUCH a relief; I was so nervous about the potty training thing!!! :)

PLUS, Asher is picking up on a TON of letters along with Josh. I have Super Why! to thank for that!! Seriously, folks. Get your kids watching that show as young as possible. It's incredibly good at teaching them to read.

As for me...... I got a job at Famous Dave's! I work there nights and weekends (well, I will when they give me a schedule, lol). I'm also still doing PartyLite... I was going to quit until my friend Michelle told me she was going to quit too. We decided to start working together, and so far it's going REALLY well! I'm excited! :) We already have 4 bookings lined up for the next 2 months, and it's much more enjoyable to do shows together.

I'm also working on getting everything ready (including saving money) to move home... I'm crossing my fingers for this summer!! If I save enough money, I can come home before Josh starts school, and I'll be able to start him in Kindergarten in Utah. Everybody pray it works out that way!!!!!!!! (please) :)

Well, that's it. Nothing TOO exciting, but life is going at a faster pace than it has been... which is a blessing! Keeping busy makes our time here seem more temporary, and the more temporary the better when you live in Kansas!!!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

it's good to read updates.. I'm obsessed with reading your blog by the way, I just suck at leaving comments. So keep em coming! I can't believe Asher and saying the letter in front of every word! What a smarty pants.. And I'm very excited for you to be working! I've been trying to figure out something myself to make some extra money but don't know what I can do!? I hope it works out for you guys! By the way.. when does the new season of Army Wives start??

Conversations With Emily said...

I like updatesss!!! I have a new post too, the first one in like a month!