Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Most Beneficial 10 Minutes of Your Life


Well, I'm back on my soapbox. This is an essential rant I'm prepared to defend. I'm going to put quite a bit of information here, mostly links to other reputable sources... but if you EVER spend 10 minutes watching ANYTHING on the Internet, let it be the video at the very end of today's post. YOU WILL NOT REGRET SPENDING THE TIME TO WATCH THIS VIDEO. (And, if nothing else, you will be making me one happy camper by doing so.)

In addition, I welcome any comments anyone would like to leave. This is not a time for censorship; it is time for action.

GLOBAL WARMING is heavy on my mind right now. I find it unbelievable that it isn't the heaviest subject on EVERYONE'S mind at the moment, but that's just my opinion.


I'm practically begging you (I'm on my knees, people) to do the research necessary to not only know what global warming IS, but how it works, why it's an issue, and understand WHY IT IS EVERY INDIVIDUAL PERSON'S RESPONSIBILITY ON THIS PLANET to do something about it NOW. Now that I've been abundantly clear about how I feel on the subject, here you go...


AUBREY'S STEP-BY-STEP* TUTORIAL: UNDERSTANDING THE CRISIS
*If you're short on time, skip to step #4

Step #1: When attempting to understand anything, Wikipedia should always be your first stop. ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Step #2: Read a news article (or ten) about the subject...

Step #3: Watch a few videos online....

Step #4: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. Watch this video* - Created by Greg Craven, Corvallis, Oregon



In case you'd rather go straight to the YouTube page, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ

*The creator of this video has REVISED his presentation based on thousands of comments/criticism from his viewers. Here is the REVISED VERSION. (The one I already posted is my personal favorite, just so that's clear.) :)

Step #4: DO SOMETHING. I'm going to recommend that you PLEASE (that's me begging again) research your Presidential candidates' views on the subject. Global Warming is not just an IMPORTANT issue, but a TIME CRITICAL one. We can't wait 4 or 8 years to start addressing this issue. It must be dealt with NOW, and we are very lucky to have this opportunity to VOTE IN A NEW PRESIDENT TO HELP US DEAL WITH THIS!


It is our responsibility to vote and make sure we get the right person in that position of power!

No comments: