
So a couple of weeks ago, I was walking around Wal-Mart looking for a new book for Asher. He LOVES to read books at bedtime, and I was getting really sick of the same old books every single night. I came across this book and decided to buy it, without even reading the pages. The cover was enough to convince me that my toilet-paper-pulling 2-year-old needed this book! I was right!!! I am here to tell you if you have a 2- or 3-year-old (or ever plan to have one), you must acquire this book. (Here's a good review of the book, and also just a great site for children's books' reviews, if you'd like to check it out.)

Now that we have No No Yes Yes, Asher constantly narrates his life to us. The idea of the book is that on the left side of each page, the baby is doing something he shouldn't do. There's a picture of baby eating dog food and it says, "NO NO." On the right side of the page, there's a picture of the dog eating its own dog food and the baby eating a banana, with text that says "YES YES". Now, Asher pours the dogs their food and says, "Doggie eat dog food - YES, YES!" Then he'll ask for a banana by saying, "Eat banana - YES, YES!"
-or-
Asher will be eating with his spoon (which he just recently started doing, since we started reading NO NO YES YES), and he'll say, "Eat a spoon, YES YES!" (In the book, the baby pours his food out onto his head and it says, "NO NO," with the baby eating with a spoon as the "YES YES" side of the page.)
-or-
When Asher goes potty, he'll say, "Go potty - YES, YES!"
But if he thinks about doing the NO NO thing, he'll say, "[Putting toys in the potty] - NO NO! Uh-oh, time out!" and he points to the stairs (where our "time out" is).
It truly is one of my favorite things he says/does! If you have a child or grandchildren, seriously guys, buy this book. It's awesome. The author, Leslie Patricelli, has also written other books, but I haven't been able to check them out yet. You better believe, though, as soon as I have some money, I'll be buying those suckers!
Some Other SuperCute Things Asher Says:
For a few months now, Asher has been saying, "I don't WIKE it!" to just about everything. (Translation: Wike = Like) Well....
- The last couple of days he has been saying, "I don't wike it! I WUB it!" (translation: wub = love) How cute is that???? He doesn't wike it; he wubs it!
- When I finish reading Asher a book, he exclaims, "Good reading, Mom!" EVERY TIME.
- Lately when we take Josh to school in the mornings, Asher cries if Josh doesn't say goodbye to him. He says, "Say bye Joshy! Bye to Joshy!!" It's very sad, because Josh rarely even looks back at us as he walks happily into his school.
- Now that I have to wake Asher up from his nap every day at 3:00 to go pick up Josh from school, he's finally getting used to it. When I go into his room, I rub his back and he smiles before he opens his eyes. When he finally does open his eyes, he smiles a HUGE smile and says, "Go get Joshy??" He can hardly wait for Josh to get home from school every day; he misses him so much.
- When we go to the school to pick up Josh, Asher always gives Josh a huge hug and says, "Missed you, Dosh!" (translation: Dosh = Josh)
- Asher has a Daddy radar. If Steve is anywhere near the house (around 5:00 every evening), Asher can sense it. He always says, "Daddy coming?" I say, "yes, Daddy is coming soon," and before anyone else realizes Steve is in the driveway, Asher is saying, "Daddy here!!!!"
I'll be back later today with my Thursday confessions. It's my day off, so I'm going to go to the pharmacy and get myself medicated!! WooHoo!!
4 comments:
that ashers too cute for his own good!!! lol. glad your getting your meds!ENJOY--lmao!
Can I have Asher?
Oh ... I have a brilliant idea. I think you guys should lease Chris' house!
I wish we could!! We can't afford it, lol!
Post a Comment