Monday, September 29, 2008

Alright, I'm Over It.

I'm ready to be civil now.

So there are a few things I wanted to blog about last week and didn't get to because of the hospital drama. So I think I'll do it now!

FIRST of all, IT'S FALL!!!! I'm so excited about the weather change. There are leaves all over the ground and walking to get Josh from school was entirely pleasant, which is a welcome change!! I really really really really really hated walking to the school in the humid heat. Since the neighborhood I live in isn't very pretty, I'll just give the effect with this picture I stole online.


I was reading my friend Rebecca's blog this morning, and she totally inspired me to get prepared. I live in Kansas, people! I should be ready for anything (but especially tornadoes)! So first thing this morning, I cleaned out my cupboards and pulled out all my extra cans of food that we don't use (or could spare) for some food storage. Then I cleaned out my storage closet. I wish I'd taken a "before" picture, so you could be really proud of me, cause it was pretty atrocious. The junk used to be piled to the ceiling and about 4 feet closer to the door, leaving no room for us if we needed to sleep in there (it wouldn't be the first time). I know you can't see my food storage, so it doesn't look like much (and it's not), but there's a whole 2 boxes of canned food we could live on for like... 4 days! haha. Plus 2 gallons of water. It's a start, at least. And it took me all day, so you should be proud of me!!


When I picked up Joshua from school today, he (and everyone else in the school) was wearing this Fireman hat. It was so cute to see them all march outside in their hats looking SO proud! haha. Josh was so happy to be back at school, and he spent the whole walk home telling me exactly what to do if there's a fire in your house. It was adorable and he really has the info down! It's a good reminder to talk about what we would do in a fire.


I don't know if I ever posted this picture or not, but just in case I didn't, I have to do it now. One day Josh got it in his head that he should make peanut butter and jelly by himself. This is a huge milestone, he's never tried to make his own food before. I didn't even come down to the kitchen with him, he did it all by himself, made his brother one too, and even cleaned up the whole mess before I got down there with my camera! Impressive!

Last weekend we went to our neighbor Mikey's soccer game. I figured the boys would like to see it, and we wanted to cheer Mikey on for his very first game! (He's Josh's age.) I only got a couple pictures, so they're a little strange, but it was fun and Mikey did really well! Josh dressed himself, can you tell? haha.


Asher pretty much hated it. He was ready to go home right away, and spent most of the time running away or asking to go home. And, you know, eating snacks.


Oh yeah! And I wanted to THANK YOU ALL for sending me your contact info! I got a response from just about everyone I e-mailed (if I didn't e-mail you, I don't have your e-mail address). I didn't respond seperately to every person because I've been so busy, so... THANK YOU!! Also, thank you to my "followers" who are following my blog!! If you're not following me, scroll down and you'll see something on the right sidebar that says you can! Just click on "follow" and you'll be able to see every time I post something new.

Well, that's all for now! Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Becky said...

GOOD JOB ON THE FOOD STORAGE!!!!! :)

A start is better than nothing! Good Job - I AM proud of you! ;)

p.s. SO GOOD to hear that everything is OK with Josh.