Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Guilt and Gratitude

Wow, everyone's comments today have made me feel pretty guilty about complaining about my routine! At 7:00 this morning I wasn't really feeling very blessed by the life I live, and after a few comments I'm feeling pretty grateful! lol

I know my life isn't so bad. I know I complain wayyyy too much about the things that annoy me. I also know way too many things annoy me! haha! Honestly I'm more grateful than I appear. I have always had a tendency to voice the things that I dislike and keep the things that I like to myself. I don't know why I'm so outwardly negative, but I do want you to know that inside I'm a more positive person. (Not by a LOT, though, let's be honest! lol!)

I also know that I'm very lucky to be home with my boys (well, boy... Josh is gone 7 hours out of every day and I really don't get much time with him), and I'm appreciating it as much as I know how to.

On my birthday, we woke up in the hotel and went downstairs to get continental breakfast. A woman was there in charge of making sure everything was stocked and clean, and she was especially friendly to my kids. As we were getting up to leave, she said, "Have a great day, you guys. Enjoy your boys, I miss mine so much. I still have dreams of them being that small..." Then she walked away with tears welling up in her eyes.

I KNOW this is how I will feel when my children grow up. It makes me cry just thinking about them becoming teenagers and adults and having to "dream" of them being little again! Sometimes I just watch them do whatever they're doing and try to force myself to engrave the memory on my brain so I'll never forget it. But, somehow, I still forget... I wish there were a way to make every moment stick around for later use when they aren't here for me to watch anymore!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lynn said...

Don't feel bad. Everyone has days where they just aren't in the mood to be grateful. I've never even met someone who can be grateful for everything 24/7. Give yourself a break. You're home alone with 2 boys and sometimes it just gets monotonous. Yes, it's a blessing to stay home with them, and no one doubts that you enjoy it. But it's hard and sometimes lonely. Don't feel bad. I read your routine, and it sounded a lot like mine. I feel the same way you do sometimes. After all, we're only human. You're still my favorite! Muah!