Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Birthday in Pictures

It's my birthday! I'm 24 years old today. Happy My Birthday, Mom! Sorry you had to go through that 48 hours of labor to have me... hope it was worth it! (and sorry you had to wait 24 years to hear that, lol)

As I've been whining about for a week now, Steve had to leave today for TDY (somehow those letters stand for going-out-of-town-for-something in the Army, but I'm not sure how exactly). So, we started our "celebration" yesterday after I got off work. Speaking of work, yesterday was also my last day at Payless. :(

Me and Emy the last day we worked together... wish I had a picture with Katy, but I forgot to bring my camera that day! :( I'm gonna miss my Payless girls so much! I'll be glad to have the last month without work, though, so I can get some things done around here before I go home.

Oh, but my manager Katy gave me a gift card to Goody's, my fav clothing store, for my birthday, so GUESS WHO GETS TO GO SHOPPING WHILE STEVE IS GONE!! :) (It's me.)

So here's how it went: I came home from work around 1:30 pm, ate lunch and was surprised with a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake from Steve and the boys! I was resolving to be okay with no birthday cake, so I really was surprised. (Although I had threatened him with violence if I didn't get an ice cream cake this year... every year I ask for one and do I get one? Not till this year!)

Since we didn't have anyone to take our picture as a family, we kinda just passed the camera around the table and took pictures of each other, lol.

Josh

Steve

Steve and I (Josh took this picture, he did good huh!)

And since we always take a picture of ourselves on my birthday... this is the one.

The boys and me

Asher, loving that cake!


After cake, for some reason Steve wanted to straighten my hair. It was actually kinda nice having someone do it for me, lol! I took a picture for proof that he took care of me on my birthday. haha! Then we packed up the car and drove an hour to Topeka, where we stayed in the Sleep Inn. Our room was really nice, with a microwave and fridge, and we were wishing we'd thought to bring our swimsuits for the pool.

After we checked in, we went over to the Topeka Mall, which ended up being a huge disappointment. I was ready to spend money, but Asher wasn't having it, so we ended up just leaving because he spent the entire time whining and crying about it. After I called my mom and complained about his behavior, I realized she probably didn't feel very bad for me, since I ALWAYS threw fits in/around/near shopping malls when I was a child!

After our shopping trip failed... (well, it wasn't a total failure... I was able to get a fitting at Victoria's Secret - which was much more invasive than I had expected, lol - and got a much-needed new bra and lip gloss. While we're on the subject, Victoria's Secret lipgloss is the BEST.EVER.) ...we went to my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden (which is the real reason we stayed in Topeka overnight... that's the closest Olive Garden)! My attitude was immediately adjusted with the smell of breadsticks and pasta. :)

Olive Garden is my happy place.


After a not-very-restful sleep in the hotel (I HATE hotel beds and always have bad dreams in them, not sure why), we woke up and had the best continental breakfast I've ever had in a hotel/motel before. We even had time to run to Kohl's before we headed to the airport and I picked up a new outfit. :) I need new clothes DESPERATELY, so I'm happy.


We spent the rest of the morning driving Steve to the airport and back (about 4 1/2 hours).


Steve just called and told me he had an amazing flight, sitting next to a man who lost his son in the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. He said they had a great conversation and he made it safely to D.C.

Here it is, 4 pm on my birthday, and we're back home. The house is feeling empty already, and I'm getting restless. So call or text or email or comment.... I'm going to be very bored for three weeks without Steve!!!

8 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

oh my gosh..im totally with you on olive garden!!! A___mazing!!!!! im sorry steve had to leave on your bday but at least when he gets home it will be time for you to go home!!and you could have told me u were needing someone to watch the dogs lol. i wouldve came over and let them out so u didnt have to clean up that HUGE mess!!! Silly girl. im sooo jealous of your bday cake....i LOVE ice creamcake.mmmmm. Love al the bday pictures! very cute and the one of steve doing your hair is PRICELESS!! save it as blackmamil im sure it will come in handy..lmao.
love u lots and hope u have a great rest of the day!!!

AshliO said...

It sounds like yours family gave your a very happy birthday. The Olive Garden is my happy place too :-)

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey! I love you and I'm proud of you. Glad you found some fun in spite of Steve having to leave for the whole month. Have a good birthday week. We'll do our part by getting your birthday present there late - prolong the celebration that is!

Love,
Mom

Keith and Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, hope you had an okay day even though you had to drive all day long to take Steve to the airport which is never fun...

Krista Miller said...

Happy Birthday a little late. I'm really terrible with birthdays. BTW...I also ask for a ice cream cake every year. Justin just tells me to go and buy one. One year I did, most other years I just pout about not getting one.
I must be the only person (female) on the planet that isn't crazy about The Olive Garden. Justin's favorite food is Italian so when we go out to eat, its usually Italian, unless I get my way. Our favorite Italian restaurant is Johnny Carinos, I even love the food there. You should try it when you get here, I bet you would like it!

The Greenwoods said...

Happy Birthday!!!! All the best people are born in Sept.

Brandon and Lindsey said...

Aubs I'm late to wish you a Happy Brithday but I love how you guys celebrated! And I love the pic of Steve fixing your hair?!?! That just rocks! And Ice Cream cake, yummo!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday week, every girl needs a week or so to celebrate!!! ;) I can't wait til you guys are out here! We'll see ya soon!!! And Happy Birthday again!

Jillian said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey! Hope it was good!! I'm so sorry about Steve being gone, all I can say is do you have a dvr? Cuz you need to be watching marathon shows right now to pass the time :) Sorry that's my only advice and I know its lame... Oh and blare the music so its not so quiet!