Ok, so I'm losing it already. I have no idea how these people do it with deployed husbands. It's been a day and a half, and I'm already buckling under the pressure of being the one and only adult around here. Asher is whining and screaming over everything, which he always does when he's alone with me (and never does around Steve), and Josh is wired from going to school today... my dogs are disgusting (as dogs tend to be), and I'm supposed to come up with something to feed my children out of tortillas, butter, and ketchup (basically the only contents left in my fridge).
Somehow I was unaware of how much Steve coming home at 5 broke up the day and made things easier... not to mention I got used to going to work in the evening and getting away...
The house is really quiet, too. I tend to get upset with Steve for making so much noise all the time, but now I'm weirded out by the silence. It's strange how someone can make such an impact and you don't even realize it until they're gone.
--Update--
I said Asher was screaming and whining... well, after a while I finally got him to talk about what was wrong. He said, "Daddy get off plane!" How cute is that! He knew Daddy got ON the plane, so now he'd like Daddy to get OFF the plane. He misses his dad. I feel really bad because the only thing I can do is say, "Daddy can't come home yet. He'll be home when he's all done in Virginia," which really doesn't make Asher feel any better at all.
As I was putting him to bed, Asher cried, "Want Daddy come home!" It's pulling at my heartstrings (whatever those are), and I'm pretty much ready for Daddy to come home too. I'll be praying vigorously tonight for an extra dose of patience, because I've run out already.
4 comments:
i know. believe me. mikey is especially wound up from school today too. i think its the weather.lol. id love to say that it gets easier, but that only happens when theres like 2 days till the hubby comes home. that little asher is so cute. i feel sad for him though. steve never leaves and now he has. at least he doesnt have to deal with daddy leaving a lot. just talk to him a lot about steve and remind him that daddy will be home soon. if u talk a lot about him and show them pictures of him, it makes it easier for them( at least thats how it is for my kids when hubs away or when he was in iraq the first time.)hang in there. im proud of you for being so strong.
I'm sorry for this disruption in your life (I know you don't like to feel lonely). Distraction can only help so it's Time to read Twilight. Check the library for it. This is a great escape. Of course you will have to put the kids to bed, then curl up in yours with this fun fantasy. Good luck surviving the month. Love, Mom
How about when the boys get to really missing Daddy you start a special project FOR Daddy -- like a big sign to welcome him home? You could work on it a little at a time each day -- and they could look forward to working on it? Maybe that would get them excited and help them connect to something that would help bring Daddy home? Just an idea :-) Hey, absence makes the heart grow fonder!
The first few days (or week) will be the worst, then you'll get into more of a routine and it will be easier. At least that's how it is when Rob goes into work-aholic mode and we only see that he's been here for a bit while we were all asleep. Good luck! Nat
Post a Comment