So Asher has been waking me up at 5 am every morning. EVERY morning. Ever since he was a little baby, he's been waking me up at 5, 5:30, sometimes as late as 6. When he's sick I can usually get him to sleep until 6:30! But no. The last month, he has insisted on 5:00 on the dot, consistently. Anyway, 5 am this morning, I crawl out of bed, take the dogs out, feed the kids, give Josh a bath, brush everyone's teeth, get everyone dressed, and get out the door at 8 am.
We took Josh to school, and Asher seemed excited when I told him we were going to the store. I had a list of just a few things I needed, so it was going to be an in-and-out thing. We got into the store, and Asher had an ABSOLUTE hell-froze-over tantrum. It was absolutely ridiculous. It's only 8:30 in the morning, so the store is basically empty except employees and soldiers, making his piercing screams just that much more eardrum-shattering. Then on the way out, he had a total meltdown because I wouldn't buy him ice cream. This may seem like an average day for some of you, if you have difficult children, but I do have to say my son isn't usually like this! I know some kids just act this way in stores, and believe me, I am PRAYING FOR YOU, SISTER if this is what your life is like every time you go for a few things at the store! But not my kids. They think going to the store is an adventure and rarely have fits like this. I am so fed up with his attitude lately. Ever since Steve left Asher has been a monster to me, and this was the worst. He yells at me, tells me no every time I tell him to do something, hits me, kicks me... it's not pretty. I can only hope he's just missing his dad and it will even out when Steve gets home.
THEN... this is the best part. When we bought our car back in 2006 at Murdock Chevrolet, they only gave us one key to the car. They said, "Come back in cause we forgot to give you the second key," so we went... they said, "oh, well he's not here right now, so we can't give it to you. You'll have to come back." We came back, more than once, and they never produced the second key. This made me mad, but we were headed to Kansas for the big Army Adventure, so off we went with only one car key.
This has been irritating for almost 3 years now, so I finally ventured to the Chevy dealership this morning to inquire about getting a second key to my car. Also, the remote thingy is broken, so I figured I'd pick one of those up while I was at it. WHAT A FREAKIN RIP OFF! Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!? $50 for a single key, and $90 for a remote control thingy to unlock the doors. $140 BUCKS TO OPEN MY CAR DOORS!!!! That's more than half my car payment! Unbelievable. I forked over the $50 for the second key, and I am just going to get myself some extra exercise opening my doors from the driver's side, because I am SO not paying $90 for a freakin remote control.
So yeah. It's 10 am and I'm ready to go back to bed.
3 comments:
Did you try to replace the battery in your keyless entry remote? It has a little battery in it like a watch.
Yeah... I took it to radio shack for that and the guy said it was broken so a new battery wouldn't help.
Ahhh, we've all had those days at the store. I can't help but look at your picture there -- the "Favorite picture of the moment." He seems to be saying, "I don't care what she says about me, you know I didn't do it!" Steve's almost home ...
Post a Comment