
Josh made a plant at school last week. He was SO proud to show it to me when he got to bring it home on Friday. In the car on the way home he was telling me about putting it at home on his window. About an hour later, I went upstairs and there it was... on his window sill just like he said. I think it's so adorable. He says it needs lots of sunshine and water, because that's what plants like to eat. It is SO STRANGE to be the parent in this equation. Seriously, it's weird. I swear I just brought my mom a plant home from kindergarten like last week.

So last night, after a LONNNNNNG day of taking care of kids, I stumbled upstairs with a headache, ready to climb into bed... and found this all over the floor. Yes, folks, that's part of my mattress. My stupid puppy tore apart my mattress. Just what I needed.

Steve sent me this picture from Virginia. He's been searching for sunglasses that actually work on his face for at least a year. Apparently he found some! He looks incredible, if I do say so myself.

My mother-in-law Michele sent a package for Asher and my birthday, and this Halloween book was in it. My kids are IN LOVE with it! It's a pop-up book with sounds, so each page makes a different creepy Halloween sound. Josh loves to turn the page, pretend he's SUPER scared of the noise and run away, while Asher laughs and laughs. It's a really cute game they play, hopefully I can get it on video soon. Next Saturday is Asher's 3rd birthday, so we'll open the rest of the presents then.

I just needed to document that my flowers are getting more beautiful every single day!!

I'm so in love with them. They are my one beautiful thing that's keeping me happy while I'm sick.

Joshua missed some school last week, so we've been making up homework. I think it's so cute, I just love to watch him learn to write his letters. He's doing a great job, although he's pretty hard on himself if he messes up. If anyone has some good advice as to how I could encourage him to have a better attitude toward himself, that would be awesome... cause I'm pretty hard on myself too. I'm not sure I'm the best teacher of self-esteem.

As I think most of you know, Asher vehemently revolts against being clothed. He honestly believes life should be lived naked. I can dress him 1,000 times each day, but it would be a waste of my time, because each time I get him dressed, he's literally stripped down to nothing within a matter of seconds. He's even gotten smart enough to hide the clothes so I can't find them right away and make him put them back on. Anyway, since he's been sick this week, he has been wrapping himself in this Spiderman blanket and walking around like this. I think it's hilarious.

Josh has made a habit these days out of the "damsel in distress" attitude... He goes around the house finding different ways he can convince Asher he's in dire distress and yells, "Help! Help me!" Asher comes running to me, saying, "Mommy! Joshy need help! Joshy falling! Oh no!" It's kinda cute. :)

So this morning we got in the car to take Josh to school, and Josh said, "Ew! It smells yucky in here!" It really does. I don't really know why, but it smells ROTTEN. So he says, "Mom! You need to use FOOTbreeze in here!" hahahaha. Footbreeze. Oh man. I could laugh for days about this one.
That's about it for now. Asher and I are starting to feel a little bit better... hopefully we'll be recovered by Wednesday, because Steve gets back on Saturday and I'd really like to get the house cleaned and everything before he comes home.
2 comments:
cute cute pics! im totally jealous of your flowers...they make me feel so happy inside to look at something so beautiful, so for now, i will gawk at yours from time to time..lol. those shades look good on steve...hes gansta! hehehe :) yeah for him home on saturday!!! your almost there!!
HAHA! Your kids are HILARIOUS! I *Love* reading about them! :)
Post a Comment