Let's just say I feel.... weird.
This might be a tiny fraction of what a missionary feels after he comes home from 2 years in the field. You know how they're always super awkward for like 2 years after? That's kinda how I am right now.
I haven't had much social interaction for like 3 years, minus the 2 weeks a year I spend in Utah. I'm basically stunted in the interaction department.
It's been so nice to have other people around to entertain my children... but I miss them! I feel like I don't see them at all, because there are so many other things for them to do. I miss my TV. That sounds stupid, but one of the things that gives me joy in life is my DVR... all those cable shows I'm missing!!! haha It's a minor inconvenience (and totally worth it), but I am feeling the loss of it.
I'm ticked because I took Josh to the school to get him registered, hoping to get it done before Halloween so he could participate in the Halloween party... but they won't let him in. They say he's going to need 3 more shots that aren't required in Kansas before he can come to school even one day. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I understand that they need to make sure disease isn't spread and all that other good stuff, but honestly people - there are tons of kids running around in schools whose parents refuse to immunize at ALL. Those kids don't have to have ANY shots and they still get to go to school, but my kid needs 2 weeks to get into the doctor and get 3 that he's missing... and he's denied. Explain THAT, people! So tomorrow I get to go to the Health Dept and hope they'll take my insurance and get him vaccinated so I don't have to go yell at the principle.
The apartment hunting is exciting but pretty irritating because no one is calling us back. I keep hearing about how people are desperate to rent out their stuff because of the economy, but if that's true, they certainly aren't doing much good by not answering the dang phone!
Well, there's an update for ya! Not a very exciting one, but you know. Sometimes life just isn't all that intense. :) If anyone knows of a good place for Steve to get a job, he'll be available in January, but we'd like to try to find him a job as soon as possible ahead of time! If you know of a good company or a job opening, we'd love to hear about it!
I still can't figure out how to put pictures on this thing... hopefully soon!
5 comments:
wow. thats crazy with josh's school!! just a heads up..when i was in FL i tried to get birth control(after mikey) and the health dept wouldnt accept tricare so i had to pay for it outta pocket. i hope im wrong and if i am, please yell at me for making you stress...just be on the look out. i hope the apartment thing gets better and u can find a place. i know being not in your own home after you've been on your own isnt easy at all. hang in there. i miss you aubrey and even though u are far away, in only a text or email or blog comment away(LOL)
love u
xoxoxo
I think the adjustment period is normal -- particularly because you are not in your own space. I remember when I spent three weeks with my parents. Even though it was sooooo great to have the extended stay with them, it created some difficult dynamics because once you are an adult with your own family it's a little hard to go back home again. I bet it's really hard (adjustment-wise) for the parents too. But it's so worth it to be together! Hey ... I'll get to see you guys in Utah over Christmas, so start rallying the troops for an Olive Garden trip!
I haven't read the entire post yet, but I quickly wanted to tell you about an apartment that my other friend is renting out. Here is the link. It is in SLC, so I am not sure that it is even going to work, but thought you might want to know!
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=4650091&cat=276
Welcome home Aubrey! Sorry the schools are giving you such a hassle with the immunizations!
Awkward for like 2 years? You haven't even spoken to me for more than 10 minutes at a time since I came home 6 YEARS AGO! Your awkward.
- Jon
[sic]
Post a Comment