Saturday, October 25, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME.

So we made it to Utah!

We got in at 11:30 last night, crawled into bed, and woke up this morning to Utah air! :) It's an indescribable feeling... I have no idea how to explain it. I'm home. But I feel like I'm on vacation. I'm exhausted from making the 17-hour trip in one day, but I feel really rushed.... I'm used to only having about a week here, so I feel the pressure of having to see everyone really fast, before I run out of time. I guess I won't be running out of time, so I'm trying to convince myself to sit back and recover for a while.

Being at my mom's house is always a shock to the system. When I first moved away, the quiet was unbearable. I thought I was going to lose my mind and probably die from under-stimulus. (Is that a word?) Apparently that's not true... and I even got used to it. Now every time I come home, the sheer volume of noise makes me want to hide in a hole. It's nice to have people around to talk to, though! I have really really really missed my family. I'm sure I'll get sick of them eventually, but for now it's really nice to have them around. I don't have a lot of time to adjust, though... I start my job on the 3rd, so I need to start looking for apartments, daycare, and bus routes.

Then there's the added factor of Steve not getting to stay. I can tell he's frustrated that he has to go back to Kansas alone and leave me and the boys here. He only gets a week here, so we're also trying to cram in some time with him before he leaves. (Not to mention the family portrait I'm going to beg my brother & sister to take of us before he goes.)

Well, that's all for now... I'm off to get a shower and hopefully a nap! If I can learn to sleep in this noise, that is. :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

WELCOME!!!!!!!

mIcHeLLe said...

I have an idea....you could all buy Chris' house....you and Steve and the kids, Jenn and Fred and kids, and Jon and Karla and kids...then you would all have a place to live, split 3 ways should be cheap, and Chris would get his house sold!!! :)