So, let's start there. On Monday I was told by the Whirlpool people, "We are sending someone out to fix your washer on Thursday between 8 am and 5 pm." (Did anyone else notice that is a 9-hour time period?? Can we say vague?) I said, "Ok, I'll be here." (Honestly, people, where else would I be anyway? It's a matter of principle that the vague time period bothers me.) Here I sat, for 9 hours, waiting. Finally the guy showed up at 5:30. Yes, that's right, half an hour AFTER the 9-hour time period was up. I was happy to see him, though, so I didn't complain. He spent about ten minutes in my laundry room cleaning out the dang filter. GROSSEST. SMELL. EVER. Then he turned to us and said, "That's $121.00." A hundred and twenty one dollars???? You've got to be kidding me. Of course we did the grown-up thing and acted like a hundred twenty one was chump change, handing over our debit card, hearts breaking. I could almost hear the scream from inside Steve's chest trying to escape. He had watched the fix-it guy work and told me later it was the easiest fix in the world. They absolutely could have told us over the phone how to fix it ourselves. But what would be the profit in that?
So, yes, I have clean clothes. Hooray. And now I'm broke.
The good news, though, is that Josh only has 2 more days of school and then I won't ever have to take him to that dumb school again. He's sad, though. He says he's going to miss his friends. He's also excited, though... he keeps saying how he can't wait to show his cousins his backpack and tell Grandma all about what he's learning in school. Yesterday he wrote the entire alphabet down on a paper from memory for me! And he writes "Mom" and "Dad" and "No", as well as Asher and Joshua. Yesterday I was reading a book and he sat next to me and said, "That says 'No.'" And it really did! haha. I'm so proud of him.
Well, I don't have time to sit and blog anymore... there's a lot to be done before I go home ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! :)
P.S. If anyone knows of any:
- Apartments for rent - 2 or 3 bedroom, allows pets
- A place we can have our dogs stay until we get into an apartment
- Jobs available that I might be qualified for
2 comments:
Ouch! My washer broke a few weeks ago and I had to buy some used ones on KSL. I wish I could have a fancy one like yours :)
Hello Aubrey,
This Amanda Inrgam, Jenn's sister-in-law. I was reading your blog and you asked about apartments that allows dogs.
My friends lived in The Carrington Place the address is 830 N 500 W Bountiful, They do have a weight limit on the animals.
By the way when my friends got the apartment they didn't even look at her credit. The rent was between $635 - $780. There # is 801-298-2835. Good luck!!
Post a Comment