Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update

Although I'm absolutely dying to go back to my book, I do owe everyone an update! There's far too much going on to just ignore it all (even if I am twitching from the withdrawals).

Josh is walking just perfect! He is loving school again, even saying, "Yes!!!! I love school!" at night before he goes to bed when I tell him he's going to school the next morning. He can't wait to go to bed at night because he'll get to school just that much faster in the morning. I still miss him like crazy when he's gone, though... I'm not sure that will go away anytime soon.

My father-in-law is in the ICU back home, and we've been extremely on edge waiting and wondering how he's doing. He has a lot of health issues that we've been watching for a long time now, and the things he's facing right now are nothing minor. We have been "on call" I guess you could say, ready to jump up and go home at any moment, in case it gets too serious. Steve will take emergency leave and we'll all drive home if anything happens. If we do end up doing that, though, we can't afford two trips home before the end of the year, so the kids and I will be staying in Utah and Steve will be coming back here after his leave is over.

Hopefully Pat (my father-in-law) will be doing better soon, so we'll have a few more weeks to prepare. (4 at the most.) I can hardly believe it's that close to the end of this adventure... if you can call it that. Mostly I just call it a nightmare.

It's almost over!

Speaking of almost over... 200 more pages left. I'm going to burst with the anticipation, so I'll be back when I'm done!!!! :) :) :)



Oh yeah! I almost forgot. My friend Jennifer sent me this link to www.twilightmoms.com. Their welcome message describes EXACTLY what's been going on with me this entire week, and I laughed so hard I nearly cried when I read it:
"DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE whose life turned upside down when you read Twilight? Is your house a disaster with piles of piles of laundry in every corner and stacks of dirty dishes at record breaking heights? Have you imagined your husband is a vampire (or werewolf) and suddenly have the libido of newlywed again? Do you convince yourself that “cold cereal” makes a perfectly wholesome dinner? Is the pizza delivery boy now on your Christmas card list? Are your children free to run a muck as long as no one comes to you bleeding . . .(too badly)? Oh, you feel guilty, but that’s not enough! You still can’t tear yourself away from the book and damned be the consequences! The good new is- YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Fans of the Twilight Series in OUR STAGE of life (whether you’re a mom or not) now have a place where we can gather unashamed of our irrational obsession with vampires and werewolves. We have a place where “our kind” can relate without having to wade through all the teenage Internet code mumbo jumbo like “OMG!!! IMHO Edward is sooo Hawt!!!” (usually a dead giveaway that you should be doing your social studies homework for 3rd period instead of playing on the computer.) FYI, it was a group of 14/15 year olds that “changed” me. However, OUR world of balancing family, work, home, marriage AND…our Twilight obsession is unique, fun, and oh, so very humorous. The personal stories and experiences I’ve heard and read from women all over the world are a blast. YOU LADIES ROCK!!! …and “Twilight Moms” is dedicated to YOU!!!"

If you've read the books, you enjoyed that as much as I did.

1 comment:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

hey chick! yeah for twilight!!!!im on ch 12 but will be busting out more today!! oh and i tried the link and it said blogger could not be found...dont know if its just me or what....and im sorry again about steve's dad. send him good wishes from us. and yea for josh! what ended up happening at the dr last friday? what'd they say was wrong???? im glad he's feeling better about going to school-yeah!!talk to u later!