It's getting worse. I'm afraid I'm not going to be okay until I can see the movie again.
And I need a car.
And furniture in my new apartment.
So I can have some personal space.
And so I can get out of everyone's way.
For the last four years I ran a household.
2 kids, a soldier, 2 dogs...
Bills paid, children dressed, fed, and cleaned up after...
3-story house taken care of and clean.
Now here I am, taking up everyone's resources and getting in everyone's way.
And you know the best part?
No one ever even saw it.
There's no proof I actually took care of everything for four years by myself, with no help from anybody.
It might as well be in my imagination, because in everyone's mind I'm still just a messy, unorganized child.
3 comments:
AWESOME Blog Design!
How frustrating Aubrey - but you are so strong. We all know it - we know you ran the house and pulled through stronger than when you entered into that role of Housewife, Mother, Bill Payer, etc etc!
You are so amazing Aubrey! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful apartment when you DO get it all organized. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
You are not in the way! Well, no more than we are all in everyone's way. It's not easy for 9 people to live together, especially the strong-willed ones like us (3 women who like to run their own lives and space and who do it very differently from each other!). Add to that one poor man who has to deal with those 3 women and 5 kids. Then the absentee soldier-husband who is struggling with his own issues and adding to your stress....
It is temporary and sometimes the inconvenience is worth it in the long-run. At the very least we learn something from the experience that will make us better.
I know you want out. I did see pictures of your place and it was amazing. I also saw the Abilene house. You have impressed everyone with what you have accomplished. It's hard to go back to your mom's place and feel like the kid again.
I'm just doing what I can to survive too and I know my frustration comes out even when I don't mean for it to. Hang in there; it will be OK, really. President Hinckley used to say, "It will all work out" and it does. Patience....
What are you talking about?!?! Everyone saw your place. Even Oprah saw your place! I was impressed, for what it's worth.
And don't worry, you won't be in anyone's way in Roy. You'll be WELL out of the way. :(
- Jon
Post a Comment