Monday, December 22, 2008

Impossible

I only have time for some pictures and a quick update...


Joshua is reading. This is him doing some homework with me the other night, and he was reading all those words by himself. He is going to turn 6 next month, I can hardly believe it. There is NO WAY he has grown up so fast, I must be miscalculating... (except I'm not). :(

Asher LOVES his Aunt Jenny (my sister)! She takes care of my kids a lot while I work, and Asher has formed a pretty tight bond with her. My mom says when I go to work Asher says to her, "Where's my mommy?" and if she says I'm at work, he always says, "Where's Jenny?"

Joshua's gingerbread house he made at school. By the time I got off work that day he'd already eaten it, so I never actually got to see it. haha

Joshua (5), my mom, Asher (3)

Asher playing with the Fisher Price Nativity my mom has. He likes to tell me about "The mommy, the daddy, and the baby Jesus... AND the angel!"



I have been so busy I barely have time to sit down and eat anymore. Between working full time, Christmas, and a sliver of a social life, I am beyond stretched too thin. I apologize to everyone who is blogging and not hearing from me anymore... Life is just far too complicated right now for blogging or reading.

That last post was apparently a big crock of nonsense.

The Army has (of course) informed us that the permission to clear without orders is basically useless and will get us absolutely nothing. So, there my husband sits, in the middle of nowhere all alone, just waiting for word that he can come home. Which will NOT be before Christmas, by the way.

I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open, and I also have a rotten head cold. Let's just say I am in no condition to be doing ANYTHING, let alone blogging about something interesting. All I want in the world is to go back to bed.

Hopefully after Christmas life will slow down a LITTLE (or my husband will bring my computer home) and I will be better at keeping this updated. For now, I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas/holiday season and everyone stays safe!

Keep praying for my husband Steve... he'll be alone for Christmas, and I don't know many people who could do that and not get depressed, ya know?

2 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

oh aubrey! thanks for updating. you sound realllyy busy! thats great though that asher is bonding with your sis. that has to make leaving him a bit easier.im sorry steve wont be home for xmas. welcome to my club! lol. im sure he wont be alone. he'll probably hang with some buddies or something! you aLL have a great xmas and we'll chat soon--hopefully!
xoxo

Jillian said...

I'm so sorry Aubrey! I will keep Steve and your family in my prayers, that just makes me so sad that he is alone for Christmas. Just think you guys will have the best reunion ever when he finally gets to come home. Be strong and know that a lot of people are thinking about you!