Thursday, December 11, 2008

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This couldn't possibly be real. Could it???

Steve just called and said he received "permission to clear without orders." As far as we can tell this means he a) Doesn't have to go to work anymore, b) Can send all my furniture and belongings home (YAY!!!!), c) Can't live on post anymore (oh crap), d) Might (knock on wood!) be home for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My assumption is that they wouldn't allow him to clear Fort Riley if they weren't going to approve the Chapter 5-16 (getting out of the Army before his contract is up), but when are our assumptions about the Army ever correct??? Never. So don't take my word for it!

But... holy cow!!! It's here, it's happening, and he's finally got a little bit of joy in his voice for the first time in YEARS. That, alone, makes this worth it.

5 comments:

Jennifer Lynn said...

Hooray! Hooray, hooray, hooray!
Steve will be out of the army, you will get furniture and you might get to spend the holiday together as a family! I'm so happy for you!

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

awesome aubrey! awesome! im soooo glad for you all!! i will keep my fingers crossed for you!
xoxoxo

Keith and Nancy said...

I am so happy for you guys, I hope everything works out so he can be home for Christmas.

WesandFaith said...

You suck! Ha ha. Kidding...well sort of! I still love you but I am incredibly jealous!! I hope he gets home for Christmas!! Stay hopeful! Talk to you later!

Whitney L. said...

Wow! That is so great! Keep us posted as new developments hit. Also, you should check out my blog (I Finally started one) at www.lancasterepic.blogspot.com)