I am back in Kansas. I swore I'd never look at this place again, but when my husband called and needed me, I had to come. I left Utah on Thursday and got stuck in Phoenix, Arizona overnight. The airport paid for an incredible hotel room and amazing breakfast, and I flew out to Kansas the next morning at 10 am. I'm here now, back at my house on post, with my husband. It feels surprisingly comforting to be here with my own stuff again. (Why am I surprised? This was my home for 2 years.) Steve is (of course) happy to have someone around again... he's been alone way too long.
Tomorrow the work starts! Housework, paperwork, clearing housing and post... It'll be a busy few days, but I'm excited because we get to leave here TOGETHER on Thursday, January 8th forEVER. No more Army, no more Fort Riley, Kansas. :) It will feel really good to drive away from here together. I'm really glad I came back to tie up the loose ends with him... for some reason it just feels more final now.
I had to leave the kids in Utah, so I'm missing them something fierce. My in-laws and my family are watching them, so I know they're going to have fun and be alright, but I'm not sure how I'll handle ten days without them! If the weather cooperates (everyone pray for clear skies next Thursday!!!) we should be back by the 10th of January... a complete family again.
When we get back, Steve and I are both looking for new jobs, so if anyone knows of anything, we are always open to suggestions! :) And hey - maybe soon we'll have family pictures with ALL 4 of our family members in it!!!!! I'll let ya know, lol!

No comments:
Post a Comment