Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! (A day late.) We had a good day, and we were far too busy to stop and blog! We had our annual Valentine's Breakfast at my friend Ashley's (parents') house again this year, and it was amazing, as usual. We brought the kids this time, which was nice... It's fun having our own kids at the breakfast now. This is a tradition we've been doing since we were 16! When we were in high school we used to have a massive sleepover at Ashley's house and wake up at like 5 am to cook breakfast... then we would all pile into cars and go to all the houses of the boys we knew (with the prior permission of their parents, of course!) to haul them out of bed in their pajamas to eat our breakfast! They all have VERY fond memories of those mornings, LOL, and we loved it. Then we all went home for naps!!! We have some LOVELY pictures of us all from years past, maybe I'll steal some from Natalie and post them up here sometime. Anyway, here are the pictures from this year! We got smart and started at 11:30 this time, so we even got to put makeup on this year!!!

Natalie

Mindy and Bryce

Hannah and Asher

Everyone!
Ashley, Leah, Hannah

Joshua, at the breakfast..

Hannah Jane, with Brinley's daughter Sariah... she is SO adorable!

Cami, TJ, Mike

All of us who came this year... smaller group than we used to have :( But it's a miracle we still have this many to get together, if you ask me!

Me, Natalie

Asher and I

After the breakfast, we took the kids down to my in-laws' house because my amazing mother-in-law was willing to watch them overnight for us so we could go to dinner. Where did I pick for our Valentine's dinner restaurant? Well DUH.


Olive Garden, of course! My favorite favorite favorite. Dinner was amazing -and even the 85-minute wait wasn't too bad! After dinner, we went to Blockbuster and rented Lost, Season Two.


My friend Andrea (curse you, Andrea!) got me addicted to Lost when she loaned me Season One about two weeks ago... 7 seasons to go!!!


Steve gave me these three CD's that I've wanted for a while, so I'm excited about those. :)


So that was my V-Day! I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day and spent time with someone you love. XOXO

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun V-Day! Morgan was out of town until late that night so I waited up for him and we pigged out on chocolate cake...