Friday, February 13, 2009

15 Random Things... Cause I couldn't think of 25.

So my sister practically forced me to read hers, and I decided since I'm sitting here waiting for my laundry to be done (at her house), why not? I've received these from about a million people, but if you haven't done one, I tag you! Write one of your own and post it somewhere. Someday I'll probably get around to reading it! ;)

  1. I have two distinct personalities. One of me is friendly and social, willing to help, and supportive. The second is ornery as heck and would rather sit at home in my jammies closed off from the world than leave the house and socialize.
  2. Personality #1 also hates to clean. She would like to be surrounded by creativity, even if it includes a disaster, and worries little about rectifying the mess. Personality #2, however, needs to keep a certain level of cleanliness just to stay sane at all and will avoid creativity if it means dragging out a mess. I'm extremely conflicted... all the time.
  3. I'm far too negative (especially about myself) and tend to have a breakdown about once a week, which includes (but is not limited to) laughing, crying, whining, screaming, gnashing of teeth, and other hideous things.
  4. I think I'm a pretty good mom. I definitely wouldn't win any Mother-of-the-Year awards or anything, but I think overall my mind is always on my kids and they're well taken-care of. Some people I know struggle with the concept that I go out sometimes and get babysitters on weekends, but I think I'm mostly a better mother because I get that break. It levels me out and reminds me that I'm a person even without my kids, and after even just a few hours without them, I'm dying to go home and play with them again!
  5. I am the youngest of seven children, and clearly the best one (ha, ha). One of my brothers was stillborn, and I have always felt a weird feeling like he and I woulda been buddies. Haha, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I always felt like I missed him.
  6. I love kids, babies, etc., but I'm not the best babysitter. I have trouble with other peoples' kids and rarely know what to do with them. I'm not good at entertaining other children besides my own. I would like you to know, however, that I think everyone deserves to have a night out, and I promise if you ever ask me to babysit (which you're welcome to do if I know you), I will make sure your children are safe and fed, albeit bored.
  7. My entire growing-up years I never wanted kids. I swore I would never have any; I would never subject myself to that kind of misery and slavery! The minute I got pregnant, though, my entire outlook has changed and I'm still hoping someday for a third.
  8. I would like to someday be a high school English/history teacher. I really think I have something to add to that age group, and I love history and English.
  9. Speaking of English, I am a compulsive copy-editor. Anything I ever read, I am correcting your spelling and grammar. However, I won't love you less if my mind is covered in red markings while reading your stuff! ;)
  10. I hate hate hate hate hate grocery shopping. I am not exaggerating, people! HATE it! Grocery shopping is the one thing I would take away from the world were I in charge.
  11. Speaking of exaggerating, everyone says I exaggerate EVERYTHING. However! They are wrong. I really, truly feel as strongly as I speak! Therefore, most of the time, I am not exaggerating. Just stating the truth.
  12. Also on the list of things I hate: folding and putting away laundry, doing dishes by hand, and driving 20 minutes each way to take Josh to school for an hour and a half every day.
  13. It's still super weird to me that I am the mother of a student. My son is in Kindergarten (and has been for 100 days now), and I am still in shock that I am one of those drop-off-pick-up parents. It's so weird to be the one to say, "Hey! How was your day at school?" I kinda love it, though. Don't tell.
  14. I'm dying to start school. This is no secret, but I can't wait. I am SO tired of putting it off for other things, it is MY TURN!
  15. I simply can't stand to sit here and think of a 15th, so GO WORK ON YOURS!!!!!

No comments: