Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pictures and Stuff

I thought for sure I already blogged about bowling, but it doesn't look like I did! So here are some pictures from Brandon's birthday (Steve's little brother turned 13 March 4th) at the bowling alley! :) My kids had an absolute BALL! (No pun intended, really.)


Every time Josh rolled the ball down the ramp he immediately did a cross between a toe-touch and a jumping jack. lol! Like a foot off the ground every time! It was so funny.



Every time ASHER rolled the ball down the ramp, he immediately started doing a breakdance (complete with on-the-floor moves) and singing, "Ma-ri-o, ma-ri-o!" (Mario is his latest obsession.)

The breakdance


We started the bowling activity wayyy too late, so it was about 9 pm when we finally quit and went home. Josh got VERY tired around 8-ish and decided to lie down on the bench in between turns!



Some other random pictures:

Asher fell asleep in the car the other day, after throwing the BIGGEST FIT I have ever seen him throw. Seriously, ever. After that, he just looked like the most peaceful thing I've ever seen! But I'm depressed because he's so big ... I can't even take a picture from the front seat and get head-to-toe anymore!!! He's getting huge. :(

Me, Asher - He wanted to take a picture of us, so this is what we got.

I'm starting a weight-loss plan again. It's about time!!!! I've been lazy for so long, it's definitely time to get toned again. I used to feel pretty good about the way I looked, and I'm back to feeling like I can't be confident in anything... Time to eliminate some extra softness! haha I've started working out again and I am eating (and shopping) MUCH healthier.

People tend to get pretty mad at me when I say I need to lose weight, so let's clarify. It's not really that I need to lose weight so much as that I need to shrink. Ever since I had Asher, my body changes DRASTICALLY with even just a few pounds. I don't actually gain a lot of WEIGHT, but I don't fit into any of my clothes and I look about 15 lbs heavier. It's not the weight I'm looking to lose, just the extra inches ... toning and getting healthy. Anyway! We'll see how it goes!! I'll be tracking my weight/bmi with a weight-loss tracker on the right hand column... Also!! If you have an iPhone, I've discovered an app called "Lose It!" It's amazing, tracks every calorie you eat and the exercise you do and keeps track of your progress for you. Pretty amazing tool, and since you have your phone with you all the time anyway... it's impossible to find excuses not to keep track!

Andrea sent me this picture, and I just LOVE IT! haha This is Steve, explaining to a few of our friends who came over for his birthday that Asher is his clone. lol He took this picture of Asher off the wall and posed so everyone could see how much they look alike, and Andrea caught it on camera. lol

Speaking of camera! I need a new camera, dangit!!! I am sick and tired of relying on my iPhone to act as a camera for me, and it takes so long to get out and get the app going that I miss whatever opportunity I had to take a cute picture. Not to mention the quality isn't quite the same! As soon as I got back to Utah, I lost my camera (I'm pretty sure at my mom's house), and haven't seen it since. (Along with a 3g memory card with TONS of history on it, btw!) This is a very situation I hope to remedy someday when we aquire jobs.

The position Steve applied and interviewed for last week was filled within the company, so we're way bummed about that. It was a really good job in a really good company... Today he's headed to apply for a job where his dad works (honestly, not really sure where that is). Hopefully this will work out temporarily. It isn't a job he'd be happy in for very long at all, but at least he would be bringing in some money while he keeps looking for something better.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Favorite thing about this post is your socks in the scale picture... :)

Becky said...

Oh Aubrey! Scared me half to death! That one picture of Asher in his car seat looked like his foot had been amputated!

SHEESH! lol!

Jillian said...

I loved your new post.. it's about time I hear about what's going on in your life! Now I need you to make me be healthy too! I bought a workout program and started it, but now I find every excuse to get out of it and I hate myself for it! And ps my favorite part was the fact that you have 2 different colored socks on the scale. :) Oh and you look HOT in the solo pic of you!

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

ok well first off...LOVE that lil asher! No offense to joshy but hes my favorite!!! Secondly, toning is cool. Ive lost 8 pounds so far, so we can bitch about how much we HATE working out,together HAHAHA!! thirdly, why the heck are you wearing 2 different socks ??? LMAO!!! Fourth, OMG steves hair is sooo long! HA!!! hows he liking being out? Fifth,i hope the job hunt gets a bit easier and he gets the job at his dads work..i'll be praying for y'all. AND FINANLLY----




I MISS YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
especially with the warmer weather coming. Remember all those late nights with lisa me and you and ALL the kids?!?!?!?! ugh. well, they are fond memories!!
love you girl and keep in touch
xoxoxo

Sky, Jausi, Capree, Cash, & Charly said...

Your kids are getting so big, there ssooo cute! I miss you! I cancelled my myspace but before I did I saw your status about going private on here... so please send me an invite! almost.lyrics@yahoo.com
This is like my only way of keeping in touch with ya! love ya!

natterbee said...

I loved reading this blog entry! Lots of cute stuff and great pictures too.

I'm sorry to hear that Steve didn't get the job. It probably would have sucked anyway (thinking this way might make you feel a tiny bit better).