So today's song, Hey Porter, by Johnny Cash, is dedicated to my Asher! When Steve got home from Kansas, he picked up Asher in the car and on the way home we listened to the Johnny Cash CD we have. The very first song is Hey Porter, and Asher LOVED it. After listening to it just once on the way, he was singing it word-for-word when we got home. Ever since then, he requests the song all the time and does the cutest little dance to it! haha It's adorable. :)
Just a couple other cute things from Asher before I forget them... A couple days ago Steve and Asher were home by themselves and Steve said to Asher, "It's naptime!" Asher said, "But...but... but the moon is away!" haha He's so smart. :)
Josh was getting ready for bed the other night and I said, "Tomorrow is a school day!" (just like I do every night) Usually he responds with, "Aww! I don't want to go to school!" This was not always the case, though. In Kansas, he LOVED SCHOOL! <--click the link for proof! He used to always say, "Yay! I love school!" and jump into his bed to wait for morning to come. Well, ladies and gentleman, this week I told my son "tomorrow is a school day" and he said, "Yay! I love school! Well, I'm getting used to it, I mean." HOORAY!!!!! This is great news, people! He's been in school here since October 31st, and he's just now becoming "used to it" and a teeny bit excited! lol :)
Another story I forgot to write down: I was getting ready for Kate's wedding and was (loudly) complaining about the dress that I was planning on wearing not fitting me. I hadn't realized Josh was within earshot and he said, "You don't have to worry, Mom! You always look beautiful!" It was so sweet, lol, and I felt so guilty for complaining right in front of him! It always shocks me how much my kids are listening to (and caring about) that we don't realize!
As for Steve and I... we're still looking for jobs! Steve is going to school 4 days a week, and I am just constantly job searching and trying to keep the house clean. We still drive Josh to Bountiful every morning for school, and that's getting REAAAAL old. We are running out of resources to keep driving back and forth, so I'm starting to think we might have to move him to the school closer to us after all, if we don't find jobs soon. I'd hate to move him with his newfound almost-love for school! So we'll see how it plays out. :)
4 comments:
Why are you making your blog private? Are people being mean to you? Tell me who they are and I'll go beat them up! You're my favorite! Of course I want to still be able to see your blog. chocolateyes_01@yahoo.com or morninggirl02@yahoo.com
Love you! Muah!
I loved your music :)
I would sometimes bring up your blog just to have something to listen to at work. You had a great variety! Now what am I gonna do????
I've been considering making my blog private for a long time now because I'm super-ultra-paranoid about creepy people online looking at my kids!
I used to do the same thing with my music... that's the main reason I had music on my blog. Too bad people have to have a fit over their personal preferences in other peoples' space. (I have the same music player on my myspace, though.. lol)
i cannot believe you actually took your player down JUST because people have a problem with it. I say SCREW THEM! its your page and if theyu dont like the music then they dont need to visit your page! SO THERE!!!
thanks for the pic comments. i really miss you. i know your busy busy but its like u dropped off the planet or something! ugh. anyways, are you making your blog private??? either way as long as i can get my ortega fix, Im good! lol.
NOW PUT YOUR MUSIC back up!!!
love and miss you girl
xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment