Check this out - I went to a Jazz game, and I HAD FUN! No joke, I enjoyed it so much I hope I get to go AGAIN. (Those of you who know me know this is a shock even to me, lol.)

Steve and me

Andrea and me
Andrea got us the tickets, and we had a ton of fun. Thanks Andrea, we really needed a night out!
3 comments:
glad you had so much fun! i went to the seahawks football game when we were stationed in WA( not a huge fan of football) and i was hooked. its soo cool being there and experiencing it in person!
Im so proud to welcome you to Jazz fan'dom. Let me be the first to let you in on a little secret. The Jazz are just good enough to keep you really excited about a chance. They win just enough to keep the hope alive. But they NEVER go all the way. If you really want to be a Jazz fan you have to accept that you will for ever be disappointed. Other than that, welcome! and have fun!
I'm going to take edWORD's comment a little bit further: In Utah athletics, once you get a job as a coach, it's almost impossible to lose it.
As edWORD said, the Jazz have always done well, but even with Stockton, Malone, and a host of other great players, they couldn't finish on top. Sure, they were up against Michael Jordan & crew, but they would blow the crucial games right at the end, throwing away a lead.
Pop quiz: What are the two things the Jazz has had in common for all these years? The players have changed, the logo changed, the jerseys have changed, the arena changed, the name of the 2nd arena changed, etc. The ONLY common elements are the fans/location and Jerry Sloan.
Every other state understands this. I'm not saying he should be thrown out on his butt, but a direct invitation to leave might be in order. It's not like he's going to be homeless or couldn't find another job.
Did you know he doesn't even live here? He lives in Illinois. Seriously, we should just send him home.
- Jon
Post a Comment